Voigtländer Vitoret DR

Name
Sofia
Edit My Images
No
I'm thinking of buying a Voigtlander Vitoret DR, for 45€... Is it worth it? Or should I spend my money on something else?

Depends what condition it's in. Sometimes they are affected by mould/fungus due to not being cared for properly in storage and keep in mind a lot of these old cameras, especially those that are sold, "as seen", the light seals have deteriorated. Each frame on your roll of film will have light streaks through them.

Another typical problem is the accuracy of the shutter mechanism so, I recommend you to ask the seller if all the shutter speeds sound ok.

A Vitoret in excellent condition can worth that, but it really has to be a good copy.

By the way, are you portuguese? I'm asking because of your name. :)

Yes, I'm portuguese, from Madeira :) But right now i'm living in Germany.

Well, the camera seems in perfect conditions, and the shutter is working fine. I tested it, and the seller confirmed it was ok.
Just dont know if there's any light leaking in.

Ah, as I thought. I'm portuguese too. :D

About the possible light leak, try to ask the seller if he minds you to test the camera with a roll of film and check it by yourself.
Anyway, I wouldn't worry too much about that, since I'm sure he wouldn't lie just to sell such a cheap camera.

Hi - even with a good rangefinder, that is about double the going price... I would expect a Vitomatic IIa for that money to be honest. Delivered!

The Vitoret D, the DR, and so on, were the downhill slide of the Voigtlander compacts, they were I think all made by the same factory that was making every other camera at the time - and it shows

This one in Germany is a typical, well-priced example.

Last edited:
Hi Sofia and welcome to Talk Photography.

I've merged your 2 threads together in Film & Conventional as this is where you'll get the best advice. (y)

Back