Voigtlander Bessamatic lenses - A Question

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
The question is twofold :

1. Do Bessamatic lenses fit the newer Bessa cameras? (I am fairly sure they don't)

and

2. If not is there an adaptor available to enable them to do so.

I have had a quick shufti but can't seem to find anything that tells me definitively.

Cheers

Andy

Just had a mooch around and the answer I think is no

The Bessamatic lens had a unique bayonet mount and as far as I know the new Bessa camera only take Leica and Leica Screw mount L39?

Did fiond some mount in Amazon USA for fit the old Bessamatic lens to digi Nikons but that was as much as I found.

Thanks Nick, that's about what I thought. Shame really as the Bessamatic lenses are really cheap and apparently are really good as well.

Oh well back to plan A. Save up.

Andy

Me too... now looking at £30 or so for an L39 to M42 adapter :D

Mooching still I think, must've seriously ****ed him off when he was "asked to not post" for a while... would've done the same to me. In fact did. Twice as I recall... :D

Mooching still I think, must've seriously ****ed him off when he was "asked to not post" for a while... would've done the same to me. In fact did. Twice as I recall... :D

So is Ujjwal gonna come back with a Shakespear Avatar next then :LOL:

Could be, you never know. Not sure if that's his soh though :thinking:

Asked not to post!? Was this over the guy he thought was a troll? Come back Ujjwal! You may be an unreconstructed running dog capitalist lackey but we miss your knowledge and generosity.

Asked not to post!? Was this over the guy he thought was a troll? Come back Ujjwal! You may be an unreconstructed running dog capitalist lackey but we miss your knowledge and generosity.

What have I missed? I've only been away for 10 days and the TP F&C section has fallen off its axis?

It has indeed... the one time there was an Admin about and Ujjwal fell foul of her - a shame since it was all sorted before he was banned. Having spoken to him I doubt very much if he will come back... another light has gone out I fear
shakehead.gif

This is getting daft, Ujjwal and Richard, whats going on? I thought this was a safe place away from the silliness of the rest of the World where mature, sensible, intelligent (and dare I say attractive?) people meet to discuss the wonder of film not a place of argument and rancour.

I can't stand it anymore, I'm off.......

Oh, allright I'll stay for a bit longer then.

Andy

From what I saw of the spat it was a genuine misunderstanding and could have been sorted between the two parties. Sadly a rentamob from the rest of the board was flown in to offer their wisdom ensuring the incident didn't fade away.

There's a regular supply of trolls asking why we 'don't get with the programme' and it's impossible to separate those from genuine enquiries. Very sad.

Sad indeed, maybe if they both check in occasionally for a crafty peek, they will see they are missed and return.

Andy

I hope so, there is a broad spectrum of knowledge and experience in this section and to me makes it the most interesting part of TP and Ujjwal was a pivotal part of it.

I have just read the thread and I have to say Ujjwal asking for an explanation of 'spitting his dummy out' made me smile. Come back Ujjwal I'm sure all is forgiven.

Oh and apologies to the OP for taking this thread OT.

Back