Volkswagen Polo Shoot

Name
Ash
Edit My Images
Yes
Having just got it back on the road after having it written off in October we decided that we'd make use of the nice weather and head out for a photoshoot. Neither of us had a clue what sort of backgrounds we wanted, so we tried a few different places:

10.jpg

17.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

36.jpg

39.jpg

Rest are available at:
http://www.adimages.co.uk/images/events/2010/Rupie/index.html

C&C Please :)

Cracking set of pictures there mate. That Polo is LOW :D

What's the car silhouette in your signature btw?

Cracking set Ash, nice and sharp and good choice of locations.

Pick of the bunch for me are 2 and 5.

Thanks! I think #5 is my personal favourite

Cracking set of pictures there mate. That Polo is LOW :D

What's the car silhouette in your signature btw?

Thanks :D funny you should say that, his show plates are "PO LOW" haha

Signature is my own R33 Skyline :)

I really like #4 & #6 mate.

Was there something to stand on at the location to give you a bit of height to number sixe?

T.

I really like #4 & #6 mate.

Was there something to stand on at the location to give you a bit of height to number sixe?

T.

Nope, just reached up in the air as high as I could and had a wild guess at getting the car in the frame, the car ended up a bit high up in the image really, but a crop got rid of a good chunk of foreground :)

Number 2 doesn't really do the car justice - it looks excellent in the rest of the set, but in the second shot it looks as if it needs a right good machine polish (the scuff on the bumper right in the middle of the shot adds to this) and it doesn't help having the photographer in full view either :nuts:

Other than that (y)

#5 for me. I think this one work far better in terms of composition than the others.

#1 is a nice idea, but its just too dark round the front of the car

Woooaa, I've just seen where some of those are taken! York college, I work at the architects that designed that place

I'm liking them, only thing to say for me is in number 3 I'd personally have cropped out the yellow pipe/bar on the left hand side, and maybe removed the grit box from behind the car, not that my PS skills are that great if I'm honest!

Number 2 doesn't really do the car justice - it looks excellent in the rest of the set, but in the second shot it looks as if it needs a right good machine polish (the scuff on the bumper right in the middle of the shot adds to this) and it doesn't help having the photographer in full view either :nuts:

Other than that (y)

Thanks :) Could've been the processing which caused that effect, it was a tad over exposed and I tried to pull it back

#6 for me - background really sets it off (y)

#5 for me. I think this one work far better in terms of composition than the others.

#1 is a nice idea, but its just too dark round the front of the car

Woooaa, I've just seen where some of those are taken! York college, I work at the architects that designed that place

Yeah, seem to end up taking quite a few pics there, all the local car owners seem to think it's the best location in York for pics..... :shrug:

Agree with you about #1, but didn't want to use fill flash as I'm not that good at controlling flash and didn't want to lose the detail in the headlights :)

Numbers 4 and 6 are a win for me.

The other's tend to have too close crops for me, nowhere for the car to move into the scene.

Thanks for the comments :) I'll bear it in mind for next time

I'm liking them, only thing to say for me is in number 3 I'd personally have cropped out the yellow pipe/bar on the left hand side, and maybe removed the grit box from behind the car, not that my PS skills are that great if I'm honest!

I thought about cropping the pipe off, but it was way too tightly cropped then. I think next time I go there, I'll choose a different door to shoot at :)

Back