Vtech kids action camera V cheap chinese action camera.

Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
My partner and i what to get a camera for my 6 year old boy. My partner is convinced the vtech kids action camera is the best option, however i think the qualty is pretty s*** and I think you can get better quality for less by buying one of the chinese action cameras. Has anyone any experience with the vtech? Would it be much easier to use for kids as its designed for them or are the action cameras very easy to use anyway? He's a wizz on a smartphone so not useless with tech.

There are a load on amazon which look to be the same cam just rebadged for £35.

Last edited:
From a fun point of view the vtech wins hands down there are lots of little games etc built into the camera both of my girls had one. Image quality is pretty pants but your kid is likely be more interested in using the vtech.

My 6 year old uses a Nikon D3100 and a go pro but to be fair she has been using cameras from she was old enough to walk.

I have one of the Chinese action cameras it's fine for what it is but has a fiddly menu system.

Last edited:
As has already been said, if it is more for fun than photography, then the vtech is ideal. Otherwise, why not consider a good, used compact camera? I recently purchased a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ7 on behalf of some friends, from a well known auction site, in excellent condition for about £38 and they are extremely pleased with the quality of the images.

I was thinking a compact originally but then thought something that can attach to his bike and take a few knocks would be a better option.
The mrs is right as usual then!

My four year old has one of the vtechs and has for the last couple of years. He knows his way around the menus and loves the little games. Yep. The quality isn't brilliant but it's straightforward.

I gave my son (4 or 5 at the time) my old Sony compact which is now in the hands of my daughter (6).

Back