Vue Scan software

Name
Kitty
Edit My Images
Yes
Just wondering what version of Vue Scan people use? I need to scan some old b&w negs using a Nikon Coolscan. Thanks. (I don't want to have to buy the latest version if I can get an older one on ebay.)

I am but using a new version with a Reflecta scanner.

Vuescan is quite cheap compared to the cost of a Nikon Coolscan though, if you've spent that much on a scanner then is it worth saving £20 for a used version of the software to drive it?

Actually Matt I bought it second hand for 30 quid. It's the LS30. Are you happy with the Reflecta? So what version Vuescan have you got then? (Thanks for responding by the way.)

That sounds like a good deal, I was assuming they all cost thousands ;)

The Reflecta had good reviews. Not sure I've quite found the best settings yet to drive it but get good results, will try to post some up later.

I've got the latest vuescan, 9.0.23. The change notes list what's different from v8, link, there are a few improvements for Nikon scanners mentioned plus a few for OSX.

Cheers for that. I'll be looking to upgrade to the LS IV at some point, because the max dpi with the LS 30 is 2700, which is too low for pics to be submitted to some picture libraries. I'd be extremely lucky to get hold of one of those for a song. Still you never know. The Coolscans are generally eyewateringly expensive - even tho' they've come down in price since they were first released. As people complete digitising their back catalogues there should be more around she says hopefully...
I've got an old version of Vuescan and the choice of b&w films to key in is quite small - and I spend ages fooling around with different permutations of settings to get the best scans. In fact the amount of time I can spend just on one image is unreal!

Back