Vuescan Scanning Software anyone using it ?

Name
Ed
Edit My Images
No
Hi All

I'm trying to get my old Nikon SuperCoolscan 5000 35mm scanner to work, the mechanics seem to be fine but I need to find a 3rd party software to run it as Nikon ceased their support for it a while ago.

Vuescan software seems to be one option, does anyone have any other suggestions? And if you're using Vuescan, is it any good ?

Thanks in advance

I've used Vuescan for ages and find it absolutely excellent. It seems to work with any scanner. I did have the standard version working for years under Windows and recently I had to upgrade to the Pro version, to work with my machine after I switched to Linux. It finds my Old Dimage Scan Dual II (35 mm neg scanner) and my Canon LIDE 35 document scanner with no problems or delay. From memory I think that there is a 'try before you buy' free version, which either puts a watermark on, or doesn't allow storage of scans, which lets you test it out first.

There are a number of threads covering VueScan, but this one might be a good place to start

I've been using it for probably over 15 years now. It was better (for me) than the alternatives at the time, and I'm still happy with it.

Thanks both, I will check out the Viewscan thread which I hadnt seen till now.

I have also used it for some years, with no problems. They are also very good with regular updates.

I have been using it since soon after it came out. And vueprint before that.
I have tried the various programs that have come with scanners. But always preferred vueprint.
Unlike the other proprietary programs it is always kept up to date, both for all heritage scanners and for all new models. No one else offers this service and ability.
Vuesscan is one of a kind and out on its own.

I've been using Vuescan on my Coolscan IV since Lockdown 1 and found it easy to use and with very good results.

I recommend to use it only for films, after good testing of Silverfast and/or software from device manufacturers. First, you will find more appropriate software for text and photos. 2. Angry support. Support is lottery. If hamrick software owner is kind he will support, refund etc. If not - will not.

Back