Vulcan - Avro's second finest product

Name
Bernie
Edit My Images
Yes
In the hope that at least some will donate money to keep the Vulcan flying....

4908493358_6c05794eb1_b.jpg

4841055415_b2e769172c_b.jpg

4940935450_29053ff886_b.jpg

2947642716_8c5ef488b1_o.jpg

3741761489_5c26339980_o.jpg

4941391640_5a109fd2cd_b.jpg

Enjoy

Bernie

Great set shame about the white van and black truck thing in background of #5 welldone

some lovely shots and angles there. Which show were these from or is it a collection or different ones?

#3 shows the grace the plane has
#4/6 shows the power

Lovely set, well done.

I had the priveledge many years ago (probably nearly 50) to see an in-service armed Vulcan go vertical, years later I worked for an ex RAF navigator who had flown post WW2 in Vulcans, great experiences both of them, never to be forgotten.

Matt

I love this plane...ever since I saw it at airshows at Finningley when I was a kid...this and the English Electric Lightning were my favourites!

Fabulous shots.

I remember seeing these aircraft practising bombing off the south coast of Cyprus, whilst in the Army in 1970- spectacular to watch (y)

Love the images by the way :clap:

Les ;)

Jezgb

Of course the Lancaster should be regarded as Mr A V Roes finest, afterall, it was the most numerous, and saw the most service.

Having seen a Vulcan drop 21 1000lb bombs onto a sea target while I lived in Cyprus in the early 70's, I have always loved seeing the beasts fly.

It's funny, someone looked at one of my Vulcan photos and asked if it was a new Stealth aircraft, yet XH558, the only remaining flying example, is 51 years old!

Anyway, thanks for the comments

Bernie

It's funny, someone looked at one of my Vulcan photos and asked if it was a new Stealth aircraft, yet XH558, the only remaining flying example, is 51 years old!

Bernie

:LOL:

I remember reading during Gulf War I that some Americans asked what the fantastic new tanker a/c the Brits were using was. The Victor...

:shrug:

Nice photos. I've always loved the looks of the Vulcan, it looks far more modern than its years.

Nice photos. I've always loved the looks of the Vulcan, it looks far more modern than its years.

We've created some master pieces in our RAF, sad its coming to an end :crying:

Remember seeing the Vulcan at Marham Airfield last year,,, the ground shook with the engines on it.... tell me that wouldn't intimidate the enemy! and strangely watching it, it looks elegant in motion for such a big thing.

Cracking photos! Saw this flying over Woodhall Spa today. I was in my van at the time and hadn't noticed it until the sun disappeared, which turned out to be the Vulcan doing a steep bank.

Very nice and thanks for sharing.....wouldn't be great if like the BBMF we had the airworthy triple of the Vulcan, Victor & Valiant ~ the "V" bombers now that would be a sight :)

That's a fabulous set, the Vulcan is my favourite aircraft of all time. I remember seeing it at airshows as a kid, and it left a huge impression on me. I spend quite a bit of time at the Chadderton site where the airframes were built (for the Lancaster as well), I'm sorry to say that the factory has shut and the offices will be closing soon, a shame for such an historic site.

I love the Vulcan. I remember my mom telling me about the time in the early 70's she and my dad took me to the airshow at RAF Cosford. The Vulcan made a low pass over the runway and it was so loud I fell out of my pushchair!!

Love this plane, never tire of seeing it. Can't wait to see it at RIAT in a few weeks.
Great pics, 2 and 3 are the best imo.

WOW... Is it just me or are we taking backward steps in aviation... no Concorde and no vulcan... just looks such a modern cool plane... even though its so old... new to the plane posts as only took to it this weekend with a red arrows display in edinburgh... what is avro's other better plane????

Back