VW/Audi meet. Start your engines!

Edit My Images
Yes
Dropped into a VA/Audi meet yesterday, which was nice. Some right old boy racers ranting thier repsective motors around the track and some of these cars shifted. Good fun. Did the shoot with a mate called Pez who is a petrol head and who by five oclock got pretty tired of me asking him what each and every motor was. In fact he had to keep reminding me that it was a VW/Audi meet as I am sure I saw a Lada zip on by at a fair old lick.

Needless to say they would not let me take my Tigra on the track which is a shame as I could have offered someone a cheap haircut.......

1-6.jpg

2-6.jpg

3-7.jpg

4-6.jpg

5-6.jpg

6-7.jpg

7-6.jpg

8-5.jpg

9-4.jpg

10-3.jpg

Thats a fantastic set there m8 (y)

The 2 i like most

The guy leaning over the door of his stripped out TT, think it shows the lengths these enthusiasts go to in order to enjoy a spirited drive.

and the shot with the helmet in the guys lap, you can imagine the look on the guys face, as a passenger he'll have had a grin from ear to ear. (is that him in the next shot?)

The 2 R32's going though the S is a nice shot too, I feel the other panned shots could have done with a little extra space to go into.

digitalfailure said:
Thats a fantastic set there m8 (y)

The 2 i like most

The guy leaning over the door of his stripped out TT, think it shows the lengths these enthusiasts go to in order to enjoy a spirited drive.

and the shot with the helmet in the guys lap, you can imagine the look on the guys face, as a passenger he'll have had a grin from ear to ear. (is that him in the next shot?)

The 2 R32's going though the S is a nice shot too, I feel the other panned shots could have done with a little extra space to go into.

Thanks for the feedback. I concur on the panning stuff. Yesterday was my first visit to a race track let alone try panning these 'beasts' for want of a better word. Shot a fair few pics but sadly I binned a whole card from my mini hard drive in error - this lot had some spinning out stuff :wacky: Still, room for improvement.

I think that the problem with motor sport is trying to keep the pictures fresh and dynamic, hence the angles. As has been said here before, how many times have we seen a standard pan. But then there is only so much one can do with the subject.

My killer shot of the day and the stuff the BBC want is the lap in the helmet :)

Thanks again, appreciate the feedback. (y)

Which one are you calling lap in a helmet?

Panning with fast moving subjects is very difficult, if it's the first time you've tried it....:banana:

i think they are excellent shots, panning isnt easy, but you have made it look very easy. Also showing a good eye

digitalfailure said:
Which one are you calling lap in a helmet?

Panning with fast moving subjects is very difficult, if it's the first time you've tried it....:banana:

Sorry mate, typo, meant shot with the helmet in his lap :amstupid:

matty said:
i think they are excellent shots, panning isnt easy, but you have made it look very easy. Also showing a good eye

Thanks, quite literally my first ever visit to a race track. Surely the fact I drive a Tigra is a giveaway that I know nothing about cars, other than they have 5 wheels. :shrug:

tigra?? poxhall...nuff said...

Diego Garcia said:
Thanks, quite literally my first ever visit to a race track. Surely the fact I drive a Tigra is a giveaway that I know nothing about cars, other than they have 5 wheels. :shrug:
Two more than a Robin ;)

Nice set though, like the shot with the flames from the exhaust. Shutter speed maybe looks a little high in one or two, the wheels are almost frozen.

A great set of pics Diego :clap: I like the angles you have used in some of them, and you have manged to capture the feel of the day well.
My boyfriend is a bit of a petrolhead, and I'm the same if we go anywhere - I drive him nuts asking what everything is :LOL: There is a Jap performance car show coming up soon, and he doesn't know it yet, but I'm going along with him :LOL: :LOL:

As a track-day man I think your set is brill! (y)

I have seen so many shots of me racing by "pros" and feel they have no life or no story to tell. Yours are fab. Get them on the VAG club website and they will sell, I have no doubt. Many days I visited they did not have a pro on hand - an opportunity perhaps?

Some of the web-sites to visit

www.trackdays.co.uk
www.circuit-days.co.uk

Admitting to being a Tigra owner - you must be at one with yourself ;)

Most impressive drive I have seen is an old fellow in a STOCK 1996 Astra GTE. He was seeing off BMWs and even an EVO 6. It's like that top camera gear - no use unless the driver is up to it.

Great set there. Diego. Love the flame throwing A4!!

Silly question time. Do you take the pics at these angles, or do you just rotate them in PS?

HIMUPNORTH said:
As a track-day man I think your set is brill! (y)

I have seen so many shots of me racing by "pros" and feel they have no life or no story to tell. Yours are fab. Get them on the VAG club website and they will sell, I have no doubt. Many days I visited they did not have a pro on hand - an opportunity perhaps?

Some of the web-sites to visit

www.trackdays.co.uk
www.circuit-days.co.uk

Admitting to being a Tigra owner - you must be at one with yourself ;)

Most impressive drive I have seen is an old fellow in a STOCK 1996 Astra GTE. He was seeing off BMWs and even an EVO 6. It's like that top camera gear - no use unless the driver is up to it.

Thanks. Well the shoot was based on the fact that VW driver and Audi driver magazines are looking to offer me work so I figure get shooting :)

Torpedo said:
Great set there. Diego. Love the flame throwing A4!!

Silly question time. Do you take the pics at these angles, or do you just rotate them in PS?

Shoot at angles mate. Adds dynamism to a shot though not to everyones taste. As I said in my opening gambit, looking for a fresh 'Diego' type take on this scene.

Back