W&WM TP Meet (September 2011) - West Midlands Safari Park - Meet Photo Thread

MWHCVT

In Memoriam
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
Okay this is the thread for all those that attended the meet to post there photo's :D so that all the members can see what a great day was had (y)

Links to individual threads to follow (y)

It's up to the individual member as to if critique is requested but comments are most welcome (y) and any of my photo's are open to critique also (y)

I'll get the ball rolling with this little cutie that just had to be my POTD for my 365

268/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

I think this will be the most photographed animal of the meet :LOL:

Matt
MWHCVT

Here are a few of mine.

Don't you just hate it when a fence line gets in the way!

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/52653256@N08/6181658759/]
Cheetah 1646
by
By Di Stone
, on Flickr[/URL]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/52653256@N08/6181665875/]
Meerkat 'Alexander' 17221
by
By Di Stone
, on Flickr[/URL]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/52653256@N08/6181655027/]

Cute factor 1621

byBy Di Stone, on Flickr[/URL]

With another vehicle stuck to our bumper, we couldn't reverse so I couldn't get a clear shot of this little cutie.

Di

Okay as promised here are a few from me, I have over 600 photo's to work through, I think I may have got a little trigger happy on the second trip round :exit:

WMSP - Meerkat whats that by mwhcvt, on Flickr

WMSP - White Wallaby by mwhcvt, on Flickr

WMSP - Water Buffalo by mwhcvt, on Flickr

WMSP - White Tiger by mwhcvt, on Flickr

WMSP - Cheetah by mwhcvt, on Flickr

WMSP - Male Lion Running by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Just a small selection :D must get some more edit's done later but now time to have some dinner :D

C&C Welcome :D

Matt
MWHCVT

Fine set of shots Matt

like how all the Meerkats are looking the same way, the OOF light one in the BG far left could do with toning down a bit

OOps just thought are these for crit or pleasure

love the buffalo top framing :clap:

white tiger and lion nice framing again, (y)

Fine set of shots Matt

like how all the Meerkats are looking the same way, the OOF light one in the BG far left could do with toning down a bit

OOps just thought are these for crit or pleasure

love the buffalo top framing :clap:

white tiger and lion nice framing again, (y)

Thanks Dave, I see what your on about re toning down the light (y) as with all my photo's I'm happy to recieve crit :D but this thread contains more than just my photo's so on the others it up to the individual poster if they want crit or not (y)

Matt

Great shots those. Well here are a few of mine then,

Well Mum did finale come back.

aIMG_7830 by Yeksel, on Flickr

One of the females

aIMG_7783 by Yeksel, on Flickr

Lemur Woods

aIMG_7736 by Yeksel, on Flickr

I think this is the Tiger who likes flowers in the Spring when the daffs are out he doesent flatten or lie on them but will carefully walk through them. Looks like these flowers are being gaurded

aIMG_7692 by Yeksel, on Flickr

These two seemed to have had a disagreement about something. The noise they made crashing into one another was astounding. The warden did attempt to split them up but not for long. I moved my car out of their way as well.

aIMG_7921a by Yeksel, on Flickr

Last edited:
Now I have no idea what this lioness has. it was closely gaurded and was hers as far as anybody else was concerned and she was still carying it around a couple of hours later.

Heck guys your not supposed to get out of the car in the lion enclose, one TP member less on the day out, hope you saved his camera :rules: :coat: shes keeping the trainer

Last edited:
Heck guys your not supposed to get out of the car in the lion enclose, one TP member less on the day out, hope you saved his camera :rules: :coat: shes keeping the trainer

It's okay it was some guy with a black and yellow strap, nikon I think I heard him scream :LOL: :exit:

Please not not Nikon users were harmed in the making of this photo :p

*nods*
The lens may be fast, but the lion is faster. :D

Please No Nikon users were harmed in the making of this photo :p

Shame :D

*nods*
The lens may be fast, but the lion is faster. :D

But not as quick as I would be :exit:

I was ready when I stroked a crock

dave-_n_dj_with-croc.jpg

Last edited:
Just Dave said:
Shame :D

But not as quick as I would be :exit:

I was ready when I stroked a crock

Must resist the desire to edit your post in a quote to make it really naughty :police: where's cobra when you need him, or marcel for that matter :exit:

Some excellent shots there from the group. Although you say the weather was bad, you still managed to produce some great images.

Was a good day apart from the rain. Typical can download from photobucket sko no pics today.

Was nice to meet you Neil will look forward to seeing your pics when your sorted.

Quote Neil : At last I think its working. a few from me.

Love pic No 3... Looking straight at the camera>> You want insuuuurance, yes?

Great shots Neil I feel I can reach out and touch those Meercats.

Dont know what that little fawn had been up to it had quite a few cuts and grazes on it which we couldnt see what it was lying down.

Back