Wacom Intuos Tablet..

I've recently bought a large Intuos5 and a wireless kit from Amazon at a decent price. I can't tell you much about how useful it is yet as I'm still trying to get the wireless dongle to stop holding up post for a whole two minutes when the computer boots up...

I have just purchased an Intuos 5 small, and can't tell you how much easier it is to select things and work in general on files than doing the same thing with a mouse.

In reply to Digital above, someone I know had the same problem with the wireless holding up post, so now he either doesn't plug in the adapter to the pc until the pc has booted up, or leaves wireless switched off on the Intuos until boot-up is complete.
HTH.

Retouching with a mouse it like retouching with boxing gloves on. Get a Wacom.

Have used Wacom tablets for years and wouldnt be with out one now, I currently use an Intuos 4 medium and its still great after several years of hard use.

I bought a wacom pen & touch (smaller than the intuos models) a couple of months ago. Its taking a bit of getting used to but it does give greater control over editing and is a lot more accurate.

It feels more natural than using a mouse.

I did find that i had to unplug the mouse so that i wasnt tempted to use it if the tablet frustrated me.

Nick

Had a small wacom intuos for a while now, at first i found it difficult to get used to, but after thorough use, i now enjoy using it, and wouldnt go back to a mouse.

I have an Intuos 3 (4x6), and been using it for quite a few years. I have a couple of different pens and find it a great help. Bigger is not always better with tablets and an A6 approximate size pad is usually sufficient unless you're sketching and want to use your arm movement. I used to have a larger one and sold it for the smaller one and find it much easier to use. You can also get a very precise mouse that works on the tablet if you wish. far better than a mouse for many things.

Monoprice tablet here (a lot cheaper). I've not used the real deal but this one is very good - large and sensitive. It works well with PS for the tiny bit of work I occasionally do. The only drawback is no scrolling.

I have the Intuos 5 - if you want a cheaper option, look for the Intuos small pen tablets. They are around the 60 quid. A friend bought one and he was very impressed, not much difference in response compared to the 'pro' version.

Back