Waders on Cleethorpes Beach

Name
Billy
Edit My Images
Yes
I actually took these one morning a couple weeks ago but I haven't posted here for a while so thought I'd stick these up :)
A few shots of turnstones and sanderlings and a herring gull from Cleethorpes pleasure beach, I've had better views in the past but the tide was high and dogs kept scaring the birds to different parts of the beach until they eventually seemed to disappear entirely! C+C welcome!
All shot with Nikon D7100 + Nikon 70-300mm

Some of them seem to a look a little over sharpened on here, I'm not sure if its my bad or the way flickr is rendering it at 1024px.... they look better on flickr anyway

Yin & Yang by Billy Clapham, on Flickr

Early Bird by Billy Clapham, on Flickr

Like a wind-up toy by Billy Clapham, on Flickr

Sanderling- Calidris alba by Billy Clapham, on Flickr

Sea Shell Searcher by Billy Clapham, on Flickr

Seaside Town- Herring gull by Billy Clapham, on Flickr

Urban Turnstone- Cleethorpes by Billy Clapham, on Flickr

Thanks,
Bill

I like #3 with the in focus body and blurred legs, showing the busy activity ... nice one :)

Nice collection,i never get on the beach in that area,normally ime at the back of the boating lake.

Number 3 for me, the legs show movement and it's nice to see a capture of

Last edited:
Lovely set Billy. Number 5 my favourite of all but I keep going back to number 7 too as I like the framing with the car.

Number 3 for me, the legs show movement and it's nice to see a capture of

Lovely set Billy. Number 5 my favourite of all but I keep going back to number 7 too as I like the framing with the car.
Thanks gues :)

Nice collection,i never get on the beach in that area,normally ime at the back of the boating lake.
Thanks, I haven't been round that end since I was a kid. Can you get fairly close to the birds down there?

Bill,not sure about how close you can get to the waders but there are thousands in that area on the right day,i do more the area between the lake and the tide line,come spring and summer it will be alive with finches ect,dont know if you go to the outlet between pleasure island and the caravans but swallows nest there and standing on the foot path you can get extremely close as they are used to people.

Really nice set especially like no 7 showing the bird in an urban environment
Thanks! :)

Bill,not sure about how close you can get to the waders but there are thousands in that area on the right day,i do more the area between the lake and the tide line,come spring and summer it will be alive with finches ect,dont know if you go to the outlet between pleasure island and the caravans but swallows nest there and standing on the foot path you can get extremely close as they are used to people.

Thanks the tips Mike!

No5 is an absolute corker!

Love the Turnstone waiting fort he bus too :)

If me, I would have restricted the post to just the sanderling on the shingle - that one is a really good shot although it would be even better with the woodwork along the bottom cropped off and then some off the top and left

Stan

If me, I would have restricted the post to just the sanderling on the shingle - that one is a really good shot although it would be even better with the woodwork along the bottom cropped off and then some off the top and left

Stan
Thanks Stan, I've always been rubbish at choosing between my own photos, here's a recrop, it does look cleaner without the wooden panel!

24566534621_211cf3424d_b.jpg

Back