Wainwath Falls

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
We ended up near Keld in North Yorkshire about a month ago and felt a compulsion to take a picture of the Wainwath Falls (or Wain Wath Force).

The first is a long exposure but unfortunately I couldn't get anything from the sky. I tried a few different apertures for the second shot and this was the one that came top of the pile.

Comments welcome.

Wainwath Falls by Delta Skies, on Flickr

Wainwath Falls Gate by Delta Skies, on Flickr

Looks like a wonderful location (y) and I really like the idea of the second one, it always reminds me of a bridge where I used to go on holiday in Ireland where on the road it was painted as you would expect SLOW, but a little closer to the bridge it was painted SLOWER :LOL:

Matt
MWHCVT

Thanks for the feedback Matt. Yes great location. There's a few waterfalls within a relatively short space strip of river. We've got it on our to-do-again list.

I have the same issue with long exposures and blown out skies :(

Hi

Nice shots I would like to see a closer veiw of the falls, I would use a ND8 and/or grad over the sky to retain detail,

#2 Id crop it to the top of the light waterline on the left, above that tops a bit of nothingness if you know what I mean

Quick edit hope you dont mind if you do pm me, I think its a stronger image

6438053439_e95842c612_b.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks all for the comments.

Dave I don't mind you posting the edit at all. I like to see other people's take on things. I often miss out on potentially a better final image by leaving the ratios as they were taken. I must admit to having left the top part in to give an impression of the falls in the background. You can still get it with your version as well though and maybe keeps the eye from wandering around too much.

#1 has potential, especially with a better sky and maybe closer.

#2, really appeals to me. Quite simple, but some great components: rusty chain and hinge, missing bolt, weathered wood, spelling mistake.......(made you look...:D)

Nice.

I prefer your crop but Dave's managed to improve the colours.

Cheers.

Thanks for the comments Andy. I did get closer by getting across to the rocks in the middle ground but none of the images did anything for me.

Nobody has noticed the dead duck near the foreground yet :eek:

Back