Waiting for postie

Name
Laura
Edit My Images
Yes
Is this the single most frustrating thing ever??

My "normal" post has arrived, but I'm expecting my lens from Kerso today, and I'm going mad sitting here!

I know that feeling, i was expecting 4 packages today, from 4 differant Couriers... So far 1 has arrived, I just need the other 3 before 12 as im off to work then.

My wife has been waiting all morning for the postie too. She gets her results from her final VN exam today. Hopefully later I will be married to Veterinary Nurse. :)

I hope you lens arrives soon so you can get out and have some fun. :)

I have to wait in for about 5 different orders tomorrow, some are all day courier things so that will be great fun ha ha.
Lens should be here by 1pm, although I'm not 100% it was sent Special Delivery, Ian (Kerso) just said his sis had posted it yesterday.
x

No more waiting in for me.. today anyway ha ha ha.
xxx

Fortunately I can get everything delivered to work.
Someone in the post room will sign for it and deliver it to my desk, so i don't have to sit here on tenter hooks waiting for the post.
Glad you reminded me, I need to order a pair of tyres for the car ;-)

Why do people wait in for deliveries?
that's so old school.

All you need to do is wait a short while (probably best to get slightly impatient for full effect). Then decide that you really do need to nip out the back door for 5 seconds..... come back in, go straight to the front door where you will find an 'attempted delivery' card sitting on the mat.
(y)

If they can be bothered putting a card through, I had an item left on my doorstep yesterday for all and sundry to see :eek: :nono:

My girlfriend ordered me a 12-string guitar for my birthday last year.

She wasn't in when the postie tried to deliver it, so he left it in our wheelie bin! How clever was that?!? :nono:

Thats rather naughty, you shoulda complained. Shoulda been left with a neighbour or taken back to sorting office.
My friend was a postie and despite a verbal agreement with a company to leave mail somewhere other than the office (building was being worked on).. Royal Mail found out and he was sacked.

I am waiting for 1 lens, camera batteries, flash batteries, 6G of memory cards. And I need it soon or i am going to be in trouble !

What kinda trouble? hehe.

I have a wedding shoot next Saturday !

Lens ha left Hong Kong
2G memory card has left Play.com
Canon Batteries has left the USA
4G memory card and Flash battery is "dispatchnig soon" on Amazon.co.uk (only after I upgraded to 1st Class, Free Del was expected to arrive from 31st Aug-6th Sept !!!)

I was looking on Amazon today, and the delivery schedule on most things isn't what it's actually listed as in the item listing.

I am half expecting the Lens to arrive tomorrow (it lands in the UK today if it doesn't take any detours), and hopefully the memory card from Play too.

Fingers crossed.

Nothing for me yet either, but tracking numbers say they will be delivered today. GRRRRR.

Ive now recieved all but 1 of my packages... :)

And ive just got to post this image of one of the items delivered... Just look how small the MicroSD memory cards are... Other cards included for comparison.

Sandisk-1.jpg

The actual dims are 15mm × 11mm × 0.7mm
There are 4gb cards available in this form factor and also 8gb have been announced. The 8gb card has a density of 68gb/cm3

16GB !!!! and that microSD is small, i'd lose it in a second ! lol

on topic, my 4G and 2G CF cards have arrived, so have my AA rechargables. But the main thing, my lens is still not here. :(

I do have something to be picked up tomorrow thou at the post office, could be my camera batteries, or my lens....lets hope its the lens.

I was recently waiting for some tickets that had been sent recorded delivery. The guy said he had sent them Ist class recorded on a Friday, they didn't arrive sat nor first thing Monday. Now i am worried because the concert was Tuesday....
I ring the guy and he says but you have signed for them, [no I hadn't] had someone else [I didn't know to be honest]. So I am driving to work on Monday and spot the postie. He says i have something for you [relief!] and sign for the tickets.
I ring the sender back to let him know and he tells me according to the PO website I had had the tickets and signed for them on the previous Saturday!
Methinks the PO is signing for them to improve their figures!!

Dunc

All my stuff have arrived now !!! Yay, all within a week, miracle really considering lens was from Hong Kong, battery from US, 2G CF from Jersey), very smooth, and some ebaying as well. Particularly chuffed with the 2 BP-11s batteries for my Canon from the US for £6 + P&P (under a tenner all together) when the real thing are like £50 each.

Back