B&W Waiting for the carpet (Edit added)

Name
Shaheed
Edit My Images
No
So our house has been turned upside down getting new carpet laid down - everything tidied away, rooms inaccessible.........so naturally took a few pics today. Dragged out the samyang 85 F1.4 (well it was still in the kitchen from xmas as my bag is buried behind furniture!!) just after lunch!

Anyhow.....one which I liked from today

Eye am all ears (D800-Samyang)
by Sir SR, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

Shaheed

Thanks for looking! It was at the kitchen table (hence crumbs) and she was looking for my eye through the lens - I guess that was the look of concentration. Wondering whether a closer crop might be better shaving the light areas off the sides?

S

Sums you up mate.

You can even take a great picture at the breakfast table!

I'm definitely going wrong somewhere lol :D

Cheers Tony. I've had some stinkers from the table too. I was lucky in that Jessica was staying very still looking for my eye by staring down the lens!!

To be fair, all the other rooms were in turmoil with furniture being moved/carpet being laid. It was manual focus at f1.4 single point on her eye and the flash was held and bounced off the ceiling.

I'll be seeing you in a few weeks Tony!!

S

Great Stuff!

Looking forward, but Kindly remember who the REAL boss is, when you get here lol :p

Fantastic shot mate. Really nice conversion too.

Thank you! It looked ok in colour but jumped off the screen in mono. Might try a tighter crop - used it as my home screen on the iPhone and it added something with a tighter crop.

Lovely shot! How was it originally composed, I see you have cropped it square (which really works by the way!) I see we have very as well from your profile!

Lovely shot! How was it originally composed, I see you have cropped it square (which really works by the way!) I see we have very as well from your profile!

Hi. Thanks for looking. I cropped the original shot as there was a distracting chair in the background on the left. I cropped it further in the second edit because when i put it on the iPhone, it looked ok with a close crop.

Thanks for looking

Shaheed

Lovely portrait Shaheed but it doesn't day 'waiting for the carpet' for me I'm afraid.

Lovely portrait Shaheed but it doesn't day 'waiting for the carpet' for me I'm afraid.

Thanks for looking. You're absolutely right Ryan. It was more what I was doing at the time whilst camped out in the kitchen waiting for the carpet to be fitted. Need to get a better title for it!

Thanks

Shaheed

Back