Wakefield - Old and New

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
This was taken from the new Merchant Gate development looking back at Wakefields old library building. I tried some new techniques to me in post processing. I was trying the emphasize the architectural details in the old library while also contrasting these with the newer buildings.

The first was my original B&W conversion. The second was after more processing in photoshop elements.

Wakefield Scene_121001_1 by Simon Hulme, on Flickr

Wakefield Scene_121001_3 by Simon Hulme, on Flickr

Last edited:
Interesting shots, I prefer the first one with less processing, but I am sure others will disagree.

Interesting shots, I prefer the first one with less processing, but I am sure others will disagree.

Thanks for comments. I was trying to use the newer buildings as a 'window' framing the older one.

I prefer the first too but was having a bit of a play with the second. Just got pse 10 which has helped me do some things I couldn't on LR3 - couldn't resist trying some of them. Unfortunately i didnt spot the barrel distortion on the second until I had posted it

lfc1892 said:
nice idea, but the message doesn't quite come across for me as there maybe isn't quite enough of the new to compare to the old. please forgive me if it sounds harsh, but the post is marked for critique.prefer the first shot.

Thanks. That was what I felt too. I had some from further back but they didn't seem right. I may go back some time and try again. Having seen the images I may try and get a shot of the old building reflected in the window of the new building on the left.

Back