Wales Holiday snaps.......

Edit My Images
Yes
Only 1 of sheep and no daffodils. Whats goin on? ;)

walesday2am-075.jpg

walesday2am-065.jpg

wales-day1-002.jpg

walesday2am-018.jpg

walesday2am-024.jpg

I like No1 - nice control of DOF and subtle use of colour.

No4 really conveys the awesome scale of those Welsh hills.

yep, that last one really hits the spot :thumb:

Quite like the 2nd - nice and low and a little different.

Final one is great, the shadows from the clouds really show how vast that shot is, and has good colour and detail.

:thumb:

Must admit, the last one is my fav, just wish I'd had a wider angle than 35mm (AGAIN!)

I'm surprised no-one has suggested a mono converson yet!

Gandhi said:
Must admit, the last one is my fav, just wish I'd had a wider angle than 35mm (AGAIN!)
you need to start stitching panos :)

very nice shots, i'm a fan of the 4th as well

nice shots gandhi,third is my fav tfs:thumb:

I love 'em all and the expressions on those lambs faces! Priceless!
Makes you want to run past shouting "Mint Sauce!" :D :D :D

Janice said:
I love 'em all and the expressions on those lambs faces! Priceless!
Makes you want to run past shouting "Mint Sauce!" :D :D :D

:laugh1: :laugh1: and I dont' eat lamb, but that was funny! :thumb:

Their all great shots though Ghandi. The last one is the belter yes, absolutely beautiful! #2 is nice as well. You lying on the ground for that shot?

Regards,

jewel

Rather sweet expression on the baby sheeplets. And rather fab dappled light on the fifth photo. As CT and Warspite say, it really conveys a sense of scale.

dod said:
yep, that last one really hits the spot :thumb:

Yep.. The last one for me too, I don't usually do landscape much but this is very nice..:thumb:

Cheers for the positives guys! (and gals)

Thought the Lamb one might be a bit of a hit with the 'laydeeeez' ;) Even my normaly double hard girlfriend was going all gooey over them.

Looking at the last one, I wish I'd been bothered to climb over the wall and walk down into the valley a bit as that derelict barn in the bottom left would've made some brilliant foreground interest!

Oh well, live and learn!

The sheep were worried somewhere around Criccieth in N. wales, looking at my map...... (betcha can't pronounce this) Llyn Cwmystradllyn to my mind it looks like, well, unrepeatable on a family forum!

Gandhi said:
I'm surprised no-one has suggested a mono converson yet!

Bugger , you beat me to it. Excellent shot. Any chance of a full size link to play with :whistle2: I think the colour shot will look better, but it's a great shot for me to practise Mono conversions on, with your permission.

Well for once I'll admit the colour version is tons better. It's the different colours on the hills that really make it. I'll share the BW conversion so people can see for themselves. Lovely shot again Ghandi

walesday2am_024.jpg

Dude Jiving Whore to be exact ;) Actually missing out my middle name, an anagram of my name is "Im a wild slave" or "I am devils law" :shock: :laugh1:

I'm kind of into the idea of this as a B&W, it's a bit tricky though, hard to drag any emotion out of it. Anyone else fancy a go?

If the mono master, in his own words, prefers the colour version then no.

;)

Nice one Spencer...prefer your conversion to mine. You seem to have less noise in shot. Did you run it through Noise Ninja ?

Thanks chap, I'll take that a massive compliment ;)

yes, Ninja'd it right at the very start, I have to with the panny, it's a weird beast, it seems to produce very noisy shot's quite randomly, and it shows really bad if you use the channel mixer to do the b&w conversion.

Can't remember what I did to get this one now. I think it was Ninja, channel mixer, local contrast enhancement, contrast sharpening, straighten and crop, final sharpening and resiz

I love the last shot as it was first posted however, I think the third one is screaming out for B&W treatment ;)

:getmecoat

*sigh*

y'ear t'is as they say in dorset.....

wales-day1-0002.jpg

Not massively happy with this one due to halo's generated along the hill tops. For some reason, this was caused by using the channel mixer of all things. Oh well, drawing board time again!

A slightly higher contrast version. Chose red channel for sky & green for foreground...also noticed dark line at hilltop so backed off channel mixer slightly.

wales-day1-002.jpg

Nice, you seem to have the contrast and tones nailed a bit better than I managed. IIRC I used the green and red channels also, can't remember the settings off hand.

Good work though chap and I'm blatantly stealing it to go in my jpegs collection ;)

Blooming eck! I only get back from hols then find out more software I don't have. What was that? Screaming Samurai? :getmecoat

Lovely pics Ghandhi and great shop work too. We don't have Lollo Rosso on our beaches up here!

Last one is definitely my fav! :thumb:

Back