Walk away and never come back...

Name
steve deer
Edit My Images
No
Excellent set. Very well done. If you don't mind me asking, what area is this?

SThornton said:
Excellent set. Very well done. If you don't mind me asking, what area is this?

Apologies, was half asleep when I wrote this. Just reread and realised its in Wales! Lol

stevedeer said:
scott... mid wales, can't say exactly where as I promised the guy who let me know I wouldn't... if the location gets out, this place would be destroyed!!!

Fair enough, I'm aware of the Urbex code/rules. Plus I didn't read it fully in my barely woken state! :)

wow.. what a find! I'm sure there is plenty of scope for a book here.. be really interesting to hear more about the background to why they left and how the house have survived this long to just decay naturally (y)

Wow....good set.
I agree it would be interesting to know the full history of the place.
Doesn't it creep you out, walking around a place like that? :)

Lovely set. I do like the Horlicks.

Was it a shop, by any chance?

A very lovely set of images of a very evocative nature, I love the muted colours and composition. This is clealy a very interesting project, hopefully you will share some more?

Looking at the house it has a story to tell, the Farriers receipt dated May 1931 is beautifully shot and simultaneosly intriguing. I also love that sort of image in a documentary set like this. It adds information as well a contributing the the overal aesthetic.

Yes, more of this please!

fantastic set love them all.

again i love it. huge fan of urban shots and these tick all the boxs for me. well done.

I love these images, wish I could stumble across somewhere like this. They really tell a story.

Very nice. It would be cool to get updates and a bit of history. Or I could wait until the book comes out. :)

Excellent photos and an excellent find. Not to far from where I live, there was an abandoned old mental hospital that was left in a similar state to that house. Eventually every man and his dog found out about it and the place was wrecked and became so dangerous the council demolished it, so keep the location secret! :)

Nice set, I see the bill has 1931 on it, if it's been left untouched since then that's amazing.

Excellent set and really nice sympathetic processing. A great opportunity and something I think all of us would love, but you're right, keep the location quiet.

Amazing set. #3 and the very last one stand out (only just) from the rest - they are a great and, as said already by Byker28i really sympathetic processing.

Fantastic work and one that bears repeated viewing! :)

These are fantastic, a really interesting set. Glad that they are captured as they should be and not over cooked by subjecting them to hdr. Well done. (y)

One last thought. I see the exif info is stripped, make sure you continue that, especially if using a phone as it may have the gps coordinates in the info

Excellent work. Many thanx. Makes me wonder why someone would just walk away from a house/life and never return.

Very nice series,it could be a most interesting project,I would blank out the car number plate.

Very nice series,it could be a most interesting project,I would blank out the car number plate.

Agree. A £20 vehicle check would probably enable someone to identify the address.
Fantastic set of images, look forward to seeing more and learning the story behind them.
Graham

ManorC-38r.jpg

These are excellent images and are building into quite a remarkable study indeed. I too really like the processing.

A really thought evoking set! Very well done and I look forward to hearing and seeing more! Thanks :)

The pictures tell of a wondrous story, I've looked at them quite a few times and they seem to let you drift back to the times when it was inhabited... They are brilliantly taken.
Looking forward to when you're able to tell more of the story! Spend my childhood and a large part of my adulthood on and around the welsh/English border, intrigued to find out the location.

Last edited:
Back