Walkie Talkie Building, London

Edit My Images
Yes
Taken with an x100 and TCL. I found it very hard to get a decent composition of this building but these are OK. I'll go back again when there is better light too.

20984530856_f6e7332123_b.jpg

20823971579_5a94115a66_b.jpg

I like your photos but I understand what you say about wanting to return when the light is better.
I went there a few months ago and I took a few pics including the ones I am adding (I hope it is okay and excuse the poor quality) but I too want to go back again to have another go.

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1441014439.701784.jpg

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1441014453.658550.jpg

I just had a mid grey sky, no cloud movement and flat light. I think my second shot in particular would benefit from a long exposure with some patchy cloud movement (or a blue sky like yours with a red filter to make it go dark in a B&W). I know it is (or maybe was) the fashion but I do like high contrast architectural shots with dark skies and bright subjects.

You got some good detail in the second shot - it that the cover they put on it to stop cars from melting?

Heard on the radio today this has just been voted one of the uglies buildings in the UK.

I actually think it's really cool and much better than the usual square boxes they put up.

The images show it at it's best, a very nice set.

I like them
Very hard to !fit + compose" a shot of buildings roofs etc, they are so large lol.
These are almost surreal,

Back