Walking home from the village

Edit My Images
Yes
It's not far from the village to our house. Here's some of the older buildings on the way.

#1 - this is Georgian, 1806

2927506540_bd92d8c2b0_o.jpg

#2 - now if this would only work for me

2926650939_128957568f_o.jpg

#3 - still Georgian style, but built at the beginning of Victoria's reign

2926651093_c20818328a_o.jpg

#4 - don't know when this dates from

2926651339_e2e53d1f0f_o.jpg

#5 - and another thatched cottage

2926731073_01eca633e7_o.jpg

It was a nice morning for a walk and Churchtown is quaint enough to provide hundreds of images.

Last edited:
What a lovely place and well captured as well (except perhaps for the sign for busybodies which is a little shaky, rather like me nowadays)

Andy

These are nice recordings of the village Russell :) (how I wish I'd done this sort of stuff in my neck of the woods when I was younger! :()

Photographically I'd like to have seen perhaps a little more care - eg where you've clipped the chimney pots in #1 and #5

#3 is the pick of a nice set for me :)

What a lovely place and well captured as well (except perhaps for the sign for busybodies which is a little shaky, rather like me nowadays)

Andy

Thanks, Andy. A little odd that it is shaky as I was using a safety device at the time.

These are nice recordings of the village Russell :) (how I wish I'd done this sort of stuff in my neck of the woods when I was younger! :()

Photographically I'd like to have seen perhaps a little more care - eg where you've clipped the chimney pots in #1 and #5

#3 is the pick of a nice set for me :)

Thanks, how I wish I were younger. I wish I had a replacement for #1 but I don't; its the only version I have. I have posted a complete replacement for #5, it's from a different angle. #3 is a very striking building. Them Georgians knew how to build good looking houses.

The photos don't really do a huge amount for me compositionally I'm afraid, but the sky doesn't look right - especially in number 1, it looks purple.The shadows in #4 and #5 are distracting too, although understandably unavoidable.

What's this "safety device" you refer to?

I'd be tempted to take a lot of these shots at another time of day. the encroaching shadows ruin a lot of these shots and those in your other thread. I also agree with the other post that mentions composition problems. There's half chimneys and cars poking in and out of frame. Softness is also a problem and I'm curious what a safety device is?

Sorry RH but you are very critical of others work with reference to composition and cloning etc. and then you post images like this with bits chopped off, shadows, yellow lines, OOF signage, recycling bins in the street, blown whites and rears of cars poking in

Do you judge your own pictures in the same manner as you do others before posting?

Something I would expect to see in an estate agents window TBH.

Tim

From these images it looks like a pretty village.

For me, whilst its nice to see a clear sky, the 'blue' sky looks quite odd - like a bit of a magenta tint, and again on the 'white' wall in image 2.

Back