Walking Home

It doesn't look like it's raining but the umbrella is a nice touch. The led street lighting looks a tad too blue but I really like this scene, Peter!

Agree that the blue is a bit OTT but other than that it's nice and atmospheric.

It doesn't look like it's raining but the umbrella is a nice touch. The led street lighting looks a tad too blue but I really like this scene, Peter!

Thanks Dave! It actually was raining and on the full res you can see the water streaks near the light. I agree about the blue being OTT, what do you feel about the new version?

Agree that the blue is a bit OTT but other than that it's nice and atmospheric.

Thanks John, new toned-down version for your thoughts!

Autumn-Evening-Cool-less blue-Version.jpg

Personaly I like the first photo even if it is a bit blue. IMO they make a nice offset to the other colors. But overall I like the photo a lot.

Mike C

Personaly I like the first photo even if it is a bit blue. IMO they make a nice offset to the other colors. But overall I like the photo a lot.

Mike C

Ah, thanks Michael, I have to admit, the original has a visual punch the toned down version lacks. Decisions, decisions...

Well, it looks more natural but I got to agree the edit has taken the edge off it. I suppose a little artistic licence never did any harm (y)

What about these 2 quick edits?

full

full

I like the shot, but not sure about the blue.
The two edits from abandonedbritain are great.

Great shot Nick

Thanks but don't agree with the new edits.

Thanks, but no thanks, sorry! I have played around with a harsher contrast etc, but in the end they all felt a little too harsh for a 'misty night' feel to me.

No probs, all just down to personal taste :)

That last edit from abandonedbritain combined with the orange of the leaves in the original could be great. I feel like the leaves are almost the subject and a leading line to the lady with her umbrella. When you mute the photo too much you lose that subject!

Can anybody make that edit^^ happen?

I like the muted version, and the monochrome :)

Liking the muted image the best from the set.
It adds an element of mystique with the added emphasis on the fog.
I'd be well happy to see that in either my portfolio or a Club Comp.

Back