Walking my dog Skye

Sunday 13th September

I fancied going up to Meall a' Ghiuthais above the Beinn Eighe Mountain Trail. Without any breeze at all the midges were absolutely horrendous, I put some Smidge on and although it didn't affect my lungs, after a while I just could not generate any oomph. Definitely some allergy or thing going on there. So we skipped the hill and made do with just the Mountain Trail.


Caledonian Pine Forest with Slioch behind
rx 02052 20260913



rx 02066 20260913



Cairn with a view
rx 02123 20260913



Slioch kept disappearing into clag and rain
rx 02132 20260913


Meall a' Ghiuthais
rx 02134 20260913


Top of the trail with Northern coires and peaks of Beinn Eighe in the the background
rx 02160 20260913


Slioch now clearing in the background
rx 02189 20260913
 
Saturday 3rd October

The weather forecast for Saturday wasn't looking great but I needed a change of scenery. We had an overnight in the van and headed for the Red Hut. Whilst we were amongst the trees the wind was quite reasonable but over the high point before dropping down to the gorge the wind was bashing us about and mixed with rain. As I was standing there contemplating and looking at the view Skye decided she'd had enough and headed off back! Hmm, yeah well, fair enough so we turned round.

Nice enough...
rx 02281 20261003


...but this wasn't much fun.
rx 02302 20261003
 
Back
Top