Walrus, Scarborough

But please use binoculars or a long lens, not getting too close as they say. The poor bu88er needs a rest.

But please use binoculars or a long lens, not getting too close as they say. The poor bu88er needs a rest.

Fear not, apparently there's a large exclusion zone been put in place (y)

The 3rd record of a walrus in the UK in the last 3 years, a result of global warming?

I saw the one that turned up at Tenby, West Wales, he/she was most often seen at the end of the lifeboat ramp, so was a good distance from the on-lookers, however when it was on the rocks there were a number of people trying to approach it, putting themselves and the animal at risk. The one that turned up on Shetland was subsequently shot by Danish authorities as it was deemed a risk to humans.

The 3rd record of a walrus in the UK in the last 3 years, a result of global warming?

I saw the one that turned up at Tenby, West Wales, he/she was most often seen at the end of the lifeboat ramp, so was a good distance from the on-lookers, however when it was on the rocks there were a number of people trying to approach it, putting themselves and the animal at risk. The one that turned up on Shetland was subsequently shot by Danish authorities as it was deemed a risk to humans.
Freya? that was sighted in Shetland and Denmark but was eventually shot by the Norwegian authorities due to its "risk to human life" in the Oslofjord.

You can see the large crowds here
View: https://BANNED/GHRYorksCoast/status/1609190410923933696

I think ideally the zone would be larger but at least it picked a place with existing barriers. There's also a tweet with a video of it pleasuring itself so it's definitely a male...

On The video I saw of it earlier it was pleasuring itself , naughty naughty walrus

On The video I saw of it earlier it was pleasuring itself , naughty naughty walrus
Awaits the " I wish I could do that, well throw it a fish, and it may let you" type posts...

Awaits the " I wish I could do that, well throw it a fish, and it may let you" type posts...

Dunno about you but I can reach my own...

Back