WAMT....what annoyed me today!

I'm wondering whether I can risk it to with either of them on a different axle as long as I stick to the MO designation?
Why not stick them on diagonally opposite corners spread the load and all that :D

Micheldever are one of the biggest tyre distributors. I'd call them direct. If they can't get them then no one can.

If they are an arse to get hold of then it might just be easier to get a set of 4 something elses.

Micheldever are one of the biggest tyre distributors. I'd call them direct. If they can't get them then no one can.

If they are an arse to get hold of then it might just be easier to get a set of 4 something elses.
Pro tyre is who cancelled on me today ;) Part of their group. The rears still have 6mm on them :crying:

Micheldever is the site I found the ProTyre link on (in my post above) and surmise this is one of their primary channel suppliers.

Pro tyre is who cancelled on me today ;) Part of their group. The rears still have 6mm on them :crying:
If the rears still have 6mm and assuming the fronts are still legal, just swap back for front.

If the rears still have 6mm and assuming the fronts are still legal, just swap back for front.
Fronts are just about legal. At a guess I would say about a couple of weeks away. Replacement is necessary. I'll see some independents tomorrow. And noted that camskill states stock. Might call them as I'm already waiting for two refunds to hit my account :eek:

Got to love the uk banking system where they take instantly but still take several days to return your money.

I wonder if there is any mileage (no pun intended ;) ) to sell the rears as 'used tyres' to part fund the set of Pirelli's that you mentioned???

They seem to be showing up on blackcircles as in stock. Might just be poor stock control though...

gardeners! other half just moved into a new flat and the garden is a warzone. So we want it dug over, new fence up, patio, lawn etc a good chunk of business to be had in other words. Several local gardeners said they would pop round at a given time to give a quote. Did they? did they **** Couldn't even be bothered to phone in to say they couldn't be bothered to show up.
I know what you mean. I have have a gardening/grounds maintenance business and I hear this all the time, if I don't want the job I say so and recommend somebody if I can.I am having the same problem at the moment with plasters,say they will be coming round and never turn up:mad:

WAMT My luck with cars is never ending. Yup our windscreen is still not replaced, 9 visits now with three more faulty ones (the same one still in the channel being recycled the bunch of muppets). Next windscreen is OEM from Mercedes, and two chaps have been booked in to do the job. Hopefully no longer deformed and a quality German product this time.

But nope the other challenge, I need two front tyres replacing. No big deal as that is just normal. However can I get Continental CrossContact UHP in 296/40R21 anywhere? Nope. Lots don't have them up for sale, and those that do all cancel the orders because they can't get them.

b*****ks to that, I really don't want to change all four tyres at £250 each :( So annoying.

With all your car trouble I have one simple piece of advice for you.
You should have bought a

;)

With all your car trouble I have one simple piece of advice for you.
You should have bought a

;)
ROFLMAO :) I had a jaguar xj40 once, does that count? Just nothing in their lineup that does it for us despite me liking what they are doing with their styling at the moment.

ROFLMAO :) I had a jaguar xj40 once, does that count? Just nothing in their lineup that does it for us despite me liking what they are doing with their styling at the moment.
Thought that would put a smile on your face.(y)
XJ40 was pre Ford I think. Disappointed to see the new Edge is only available with diesel engines in the UK, I fear they maybe losing out on sales to those that still prefer a petrol engine. In the US they have 3 petrol variants.

Thought that would put a smile on your face.(y)
XJ40 was pre Ford I think. Disappointed to see the new Edge is only available with diesel engines in the UK, I fear they maybe losing out on sales to those that still prefer a petrol engine. In the US they have 3 petrol variants.
It was the first Ford one (y) basically they became reliable again :)

driving home earlier, a small smart car in front of me swerved over to the opposite side of the road and sat there for several seconds with on coming traffic which had to grind to a halt before it swerved back on the correct side. Got to a junction and was a lady in the car on her phone with what looked liked a 2 or 3 year old daughter in the passenger seat. I called across to her and pointed out how slightly silly she might be. At least her daughter learnt a couple of new words.

WAMT...the lengths people will go to when they need to get onto the train...packed tube, doors closing? "NO! I need to put every bit of effort onto getting this particular train, and cannot wait simply 3 minutes for another."

WAMT...the lengths people will go to when they need to get onto the train...packed tube, doors closing? "NO! I need to put every bit of effort onto getting this particular train, and cannot wait simply 3 minutes for another."
Just fart that is what I do :)

Were you that guy on the Northern Line this morning who refused to let me on even though there was room for 3 more? Your mankle looked ridiculous :p :D

The next one 3 minutes later is just as likely to be packed. ;)

Please say that's not a euphemism! :eek:
More like wishful thinking :p by the way I only work from home these days, so it must be ;)

B&Q

Picture the scene, i needed a roll of flooring underlay which was on a shelf half way up the wall. The roll was there, there was also a set of steps right next to the shelf

So i go get a member of staff to pull it down for me. He looked a bit confused and started looking around for something. Grunted something in my general direction and walked off saying he would be back.
Came back a couple of minutes later still looking confused until he noticed a motorised cherry picker thing just down the aisle "Ah thats what i wanted" he said. Off he went hopped in and drive it back the 10 feet, got out and proceeded to cordon off the aisle with "no entry" ribbon. Got back in and lifted himself up to the shelf to get the roll of underlay.

Apparently he wasnt qualified to use the steps and if he did he would get in trouble with his manager.

ROFLMAO yes tricky things steps. I mean it's not like we learned from birth how to climb those :)

ROFLMAO yes tricky things steps. I mean it's not like we learned from birth how to climb those :)

Now that's a pushy mum!! ;)

I must be missing something, ours try to move from birth non stop. Hasn't slowed down 13 years on :)

Yes of course, but they weren't climbing steps from birth.

:D

Yes of course, but they weren't climbing steps from birth.

:D
Trying to before they could walk and once they've figured out how to crawl for one and do a bum shuffle for the other.

Trying to before they could walk and once they've figured out how to crawl for one and do a bum shuffle for the other.

Yes, again, of course.
But they weren't trying from birth. :)

Stupid bleeping itunes and stupid bleeding ipod that won't stay on the desktop so it cannot do what it was made for ie have music copied so it. Some utter BLEEP at itunes development seems to have removed the auto fill from playlist option at some point too so it is BLEEPING useless to use if you just want a random selection of tracks not the same bleeping ones off the top of the list all the time. Copies one song and disappears. Used disk utility on it to see if that would fix it. Still useless. Binned the thing. Honestly why do Apple make such a BLEEPING BLEEPING BLEEPING AWFUL job of just copying music from itunes to an ipod??? It's not rocket science. I could do that with linux more reliably a decade ago.

I had an original old tiny ipod shuffle do it but the disk partition utility or itunes would let you repartition it but you can't any more so you are stuck with it not working at all.

Back