Critique wander round bolton abbey and grassington

Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
had a little outing yesterday took few pics on film and dslr
here is few off my nikon d7k 1st time trying to get water motion shots

For me, personally, I think the waterfall photos are cropped in too much and I think they would look better if the water was more silky.

4th photo. It's a little under exposed....maybe bring the shadows out?

5th photo. Same about the grey sky. There's also a lot of chromatic aberration in the last two photos.

You may want to clean your sensor too ;)

For me, personally, I think the waterfall photos are cropped in too much and I think they would look better if the water was more silky.

4th photo. It's a little under exposed....maybe bring the shadows out?

5th photo. Same about the grey sky. There's also a lot of chromatic aberration in the last two photos.

You may want to clean your sensor too ;)

What he said :)

While I don't want to be too hard the full set has problems. I don't think any of them are in focus at all, its hard to tell from such a small image, did you use a tripod to take those. The third is under exposed, you need to lift the blacks but still it looks oof. I actually quite like the contrast between the tree and the sky in the last one, might work well as a mono image cropping out the wall at the front.

took tripod but lost the adaptor plate so took hand held or bracing on a rock

I noticed they weren't in focus too, but didn't say anything.

Edit: I can take reasonably sharp photos when slowing down water using around 1/15sec. I'm sure you could have done the same.

I tried downloading the 'wood' image from Photobucket, but couldn't open the file. Couldn't click on 'download', just wouldn't do anything. Not sure why.

Last edited:
Back