Wanderlust Photo of the Year 2016

Edit My Images
Yes
If I might be permitted to toot my own trumpet briefly.. ^_^; Wanderlust, a travel site/magazine ran their photography competition last year, across four categories: travel icon, people, wildlife, and landscape. And.. I'm a finalist - one of around ten or twelve - in the wildlife category, with "Momentary", so, it'll be on display during the Destinations travel expo from Feb 4-7 in London Olympia. And the winner of each category will receive a photography commission in Western Australia. =:D I admit, I'd be amazed if I came close to winning - my usual subjects don't tend to attract the same kind of gravitas as safari subjects, but.. who knows? ^_^

9495186995_519189aace_o.jpg

Thats a great capture, well done and good luck with the competition.

Thank you, everyone. ^_^ It's amazingly exciting. I'm going to have to go along and see it up on display for myself, to convince myself it's all real. ^_^

Congratulations on being selected..It gets quite an exciting day.....especially if you win it...... :D

Just a little update.. ^_^

http://www.wanderlust.co.uk/magazin...es/wildlife-category-runner-up-momentary/2900

(Each of the four categories had three winners: category winner, a runner up, and a highly commended entry)

BTW, do check through the other entries too! The standard across all of the categories - ten finalists in each - was top notch; the landscape winner is quite enchanting, especially, of a mist-laden monastery on a Bhutan mountainside. The gallery sequence starts here.

Congratulations.... Just to get to the final day is great, to get runner up is brilliant. I hope it makes you want to try again and maybe get that step further. It's a great day though isn't it.
Gerry

Back