Wanna buy a carpet?

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Here is one of my friend Ahmet who sells carpets and pots in Kaş. Took this today while we were doing our shopping, tell me how to improve

Chris.

Ahmet.jpg

Hi JPS, autofocus, 1/20th at f5.6, 55mm focal length, iso 100. Maybe it's a bit of camera shake as I was laughing too. I wanted to get the background blurred but maybe should have upped the iso to get a decent speed?

Chris

It could be a little sharper Chirs - bu i like it none-the-less. It conveys great atmosphere and emotion (y)

A higher ISO would have got you a crisper shot. 1/60 or 1/100 of a second would have been great.

Remember that your minimum shutter speed should be slightly higher that the focal length of the lens. It wont help in the dark or at the races but will get you crisp handheld shots in normal light. In this case 1/60th is the slowest you'd want. But balls to the technical stuff, its still a great capture

Thanks Johnny, appreciate it.

Hope you dont mind Chris - did a little sharpening on the face to resolve that softness. I think the issue may have been that the focal point was the hands, not the face. There doesn't seem to be too much motion blur in the face.

1762195462_dfd11c7baa_o.jpg

Don't mind at all mate, that's what I'm here for but it looks well overdone on my laptop screen. I'll have to have a look on good screeen when I'm next in the internet cafe. :)

lol - it is overcooked mate - demostration of what detail is in there rather than an example of how it should be :)

:LOL: ok thanks :bonk:

There's not much wrong with that at all. There's rather a lot of wasted space over his head, and it just needs a sharpen and a bit of contrast to to pep it up. The frame is just to give you some idea of how it could look framed.

Ahmet-new.jpg

Back