Workshop *Wanted* PS Tuition Recommendation

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, I hope this is allowed!

Today was the final straw....could barely install an action and when I did, it still didn't work! Also had a 'mare using the magnetic lasso tool!!! I've also tried following videos and they just don't work!

I'm terrible at PS so looking for private tuition recommendations please. I'm usually not fussed where I have to travel but seeing as I'll need a few sessions, Midlands preferred please. I'm no Ludite but I just cannot use PS. I can remove some objects from a photo....barely. That's all I' ve learnt in 14 months ownership!!

Thank you.

hey Mark
Clive Haynes at www.crhfoto.co.uk taught a photoshop tutorial at our camera club recently. he really knows his stuff and has two things of interest.

under the know-how section of his site are all sorts of guides.

and he does tuition both in groups and individually

based in the midlands

Brian

hey Mark
Clive Haynes at www.crhfoto.co.uk taught a photoshop tutorial at our camera club recently. he really knows his stuff and has two things of interest.

under the know-how section of his site are all sorts of guides.

and he does tuition both in groups and individually

based in the midlands

Brian
Thanks Brian, appreciate the help. I'll check him out.

Hi, see you say tried to follow tutorials but have you tried Julieanne Kost http://www.jkost.com/photoshop.html
Very good and free on both P/S and L/R.
Russ
Hi Ria, yes, I've followed Julieanne before...but only on LR!!! I actually quite like her videos and really like how her videos are presented. Definitely my favourite, I can't believe I didn't think of her for PS! Well , I can actually! Thanks for the heads up!

What a cracking website, thanks for posting (y)

Another great tutorial site is Phlearn.com. The guy who runs it has loads of tutorials on YouTube - really good. I even bought the Photoshop 101-301 tutorial package. Cost around £100 when I got it last autumn. It takes you from basic to expert. Every feature covered, exercise to do, including images to use. Admittedly, I have nothing to compare it too, but having an instructing background of over 35 yes, I find the information easy to follow, comprehensive, and also, great value for money. I'm two thirds of the way through it and although no expert, I'm getting to great results [emoji106]

You are best to watch many tutorials and practice - those above recommendations are sound, I particularly like Phlearn. The odd session with someone will help to point you in the general direction but there are some things that will take time, practice and patience.

Back