Wanting To "Test" A Panasonic Lumix G7 - Chesterfield Area

Name
Mat
Edit My Images
Yes
Evening all....

God I do miss LCE in Chesterfield. That was a great place to pop in and get a feel for a camera. Now there's nowhere - well not that I know of. I went to PC World/Currys the other day, and they only keep them at their main warehouse in Newark I think the guy said.

I really want to get my hands on one before I part with any cash. So is there anyone on here close-ish to the Chesterfield area with a G7 and ideally one of the stock lenses (not that that really matters). Or are there any places nearby that may actually have them in stock?

May be a bit far but, there is LCE in Derby (great staff and very helpful), there’s also Harrison’s in Sheffield and Jessops in Meadowhell. It may be worth a call to them first to check stock.

Cheers. I did see Jessop has a store in Meadowhall last night, but for a feeling it's a fairly small one. As you say, I'll have to call them first

Cheers. I did see Jessop has a store in Meadowhall last night, but for a feeling it's a fairly small one. As you say, I'll have to call them first
It’s not a bad size (not the biggest) we looked in there for a camera for my wife. They didn’t seem the most knowledgable, but That may have just been the one we got

Yeah I miss LCE in town to, really bugs me that I have to travel to find camera stuff. Dents has the odd camera in but doubt they'll have the G7. I go to Harrisons now if I want to look at new gear. It's a really good store, lots of cameras and lenses etc. The only thin I would say is that their trade in offers and prices on used equipment is not as good as it used to be.

Yeah, popped into Dents, almost everything is Nikon in there. There was a point and shoot Panasonic and some Lumix bridge thing, nothing else.

Still, got to play with monfrotto fluid video heads :D

They don’t show Panasonic on their website
Yeah just seen that myself, and now thinking about it I can't recall seeing Panasonic stuff when I've been there, but then I've not looked for it either. Jessops stock Panasonic as I had a play with a GX7 in their Meadowhall store.

Currys at Meadowhall had a decent ish selection last time I went too, but again didn't look for Panny.

Last edited:
It's not that bad really. Plus if it's busy in the shop I'm more likely to be ignored and left alone. Which thinking about it defeats the point, but I'd rather ask for assistance than have people swarm around me.

Just the thought of me going to Meadowhell makes me shudder :runaway:

Not long since got back from Meadowall (literally just popped into Currys and Jessops) and I must say, I do like the G7. Even though the might G5 was sat above it, and made it look tiny, it feels like a nice camera. Also had chance to play around with it.... I had a thought on the way home, I should have asked if I could pop in a memory card, record some footage in the shop, and then take a look at the quality back home... Maybe a second visit is in order ;)

Not long since got back from Meadowall (literally just popped into Currys and Jessops) and I must say, I do like the G7. Even though the might G5 was sat above it, and made it look tiny, it feels like a nice camera. Also had chance to play around with it.... I had a thought on the way home, I should have asked if I could pop in a memory card, record some footage in the shop, and then take a look at the quality back home... Maybe a second visit is in order ;)
Both have the 16mp m4/3 sensor so photo IQ will be nigh in the same. G7 has 4K video so better in that regards. In fact, isn't the G7 the better camera all round? Better viewfinder, more fps etc etc.

I think so, and to be fair, the price is spot on.... Shame digital rev on here are so expensive

I think so, and to be fair, the price is spot on.... Shame digital rev on here are so expensive
Don't Panamoz or hdew stock it?

Just thinking, when you were referring to the mighty G5 did you mean the GH5 as that's certainly in a different league?

It possibly was. Size wise it was huge, price wise it was 1200-1500 IIRC
Sounds like the GH5 to me, the G5's pretty old and been replaced so would be surprised if anywhere's got stock. Plus it was around £400 IIRC.

Back