War of the worlds

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Headed out last night with the intention of doing a super long star trail photo.
This one was taken prior to setting up the the trails shot.

Unfortunately i only managed around 30 minutes of trails (approx 60 x 30sec exposures) before the dew set in and the lens fogged up, wasnt worth trying to battle the cold so went home!! handwarmers on the lens next time!
I'll post the trails image once ive processed it tonight.

Exif data seems to not be available on Flickr i must have changed the lightroom import/export settings somehow.

Think its 120 seconds @ f4 // ISO100 10mm

Titled "war of the worlds" jokingly as the lighthouse reminded me of the spaceships in the film lol

Thanks

Nick

Last edited:
I like the detail on the lighthouse and the lighting is good.
I don't like the background land, would rather it was backed just by the sea, but I don't know if it's possible at this location.
For a single exposure I'd be looking at putting the ISO up and shortening the exposure to remove the trails, though I accept this is part of a series of images.

I like the detail on the lighthouse and the lighting is good.
I don't like the background land, would rather it was backed just by the sea, but I don't know if it's possible at this location.
For a single exposure I'd be looking at putting the ISO up and shortening the exposure to remove the trails, though I accept this is part of a series of images.
Its possible to shoot and just have the sea as a background but the bright light under the legs of the lighthouse is the revolving light from a bigger lighthouse further up, i had to frame this so that the legs blocked the bright light from ruining the exposure. Also for the star trails one which i'll post later the position of the stars dictated where i shot from as i wanted to get polaris in :)

Just saw this on faceache, great shot Nick, the lighthouse is a nice feature. You'd have probably got a few more stars out too with the higher ISO as suggested above.

The other ones i've done are shot at f4 ISO 400 30 seconds ho hopefully they'll have a few more :)

Nice. Did you paint it with light or is that natural?

Back