War & Peace Show

Edit My Images
No
The annual War And Peace Show was held in Kent over the weekend. I had a rare opertunity to get out with the camera and spent last friday at the show. Nearly filled 2Gb CF card with RAW piccies. As I haven't posted any on here for ages I thought I would share a few of my favorites....

CRW_3051.jpg

CRW_3055.jpg

CRW_3090.jpg

CRW_3148.jpg

CRW_3183.jpg

Absolutely stunning mate, everyone is a cracker! Well done! looks like a very good day out and you must be pleased with your photo's. :icon_cool :icon_cool :)
Ken.

Wow! Great shots. You have made me want to load Battlefield 2 now. No wait, I was going to do that anyway. Love them all! Great atmospherics.

Thanks, I was pleased. Out of the 200 odd pictures only a handfull could not be used, not a bad success rate for me.

I was thinking of getting Battlefield 2 is it any good?

very nice sequence. :)

Have you considered converting any of them to B&W? I think there's a few in there which could be really effective.

I agree, a great series of photos and a great theme.
Slightly sepia b&w's may well work as an alternative to give them that 'dated' look.

Good shots Steve, i didnt go there in the end, but looks like you had great fun

I did think about aging them but thought that would be a bit cliched. I might give some of them the Saving Private Ryan treatment if I can find Arkady's tutorial.

Digital SPG said:
I was thinking of getting Battlefield 2 is it any good?

Would you like a 1000mm lens in one hand and a map to Kylie Minogues open bathroom window in the other?

Go get it, it's a hoot. Make sure your PC can handle it though.
For the record, if it helps I have a 3200 AMD64 running at 2.4 gig, with 1.5 gig of memory and a radeon 9800 pro, and it runs a peach on a mix of medium and high settings with a touch of AA and AF.

Well I did go and get it. Played a map on single player. Then it started messing me about now I can't log in to my account and the game freezes. Anyway going way off topic. :(

Some great pictures there m8, very band of brothers :)

I think a little bit of the old B+W treatment would work very well to bring out some of the drama those poor sods who were there for real.

digitalfailure said:
Some great pictures there m8, very band of brothers :)

I think a little bit of the old B+W treatment would work very well to bring out some of the drama those poor sods who were there for real.

Cheers buddy, I will do something with them. Watch this space.

Number 8 would be the first to get the message if they were mine,
the facial expressions look like a mix of relief and shock.

Missed this until now. I'd be well b***dy pleased to have taken those pictures. I prefer them in colour, exactly how they would have been seen if high-definition colour film/digital capture had been available during WWII. The two that really stand out to me are 3 and 8 - cracking compositions.

Joe T said:
Very nice indeed. Inspired by this month's Practical Photography by any chance?

No, I try and get to the show every year and it was on my list of photography projects for this year. Nearly didn't make it due to work commitments though.

Thanks for the comments guys. Nice to get praise from such talented people.

Back