Warehouse express

Ive used them a few times in the past year for about 2.5K worth of stuff. Not had any major problems and delivery was quite prompt.
Only time I had issues was when part of a kit was missing so I contacted them and a new kit was sent out albeit about a week later.

Simon

I always use them, ordering online and going to their showroom. Have never had any problems, quick service and always very friendly so thumbs up from me. I actually buy most of my stuff from their now.

KDB - very interesting read there, i dont think i will buy from them now just for that thread.

KDB - very interesting read there, i dont think i will buy from them now just for that thread.

Lots of people recomend for great service. (I was one)

But when/if you get a problem with your new lens/camera, thats were the good service stops.

My problems were sorted only when they were pointed to this forum.

Lots of people recomend for great service. (I was one)

But when/if you get a problem with your new lens/camera, thats were the good service stops.

My problems were sorted only when they were pointed to this forum.

You can only speak from personal experience though, as can I. I bought a lens from them which developed a fault and the service I received from them was helpful, courteous and friendly. Couldn't have rated it higher.

I've seen plenty of stories about similar experiences to yours from all the major retailers. If I refused to purchase from them because of these, I would never be able to buy anything. :shrug:

Got pretty much all my kit from them, 40D developed a problem they sorted it quickly and efficiently...couldn't have asked for more to be honest. As fabs says everyone isn't perfect all the time, personally I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.

Satisfied customers generally don't start threads on forums.... disatisfied customers do.

Reading a few grumbles may not give a fair & true overall reflection of a company.

I have just read on another forum about a tog expecting a sameday courier to pickup & replace a cable because they sent the wrong one, and other togs posting "I will never use WHE again after reading this". FFS! :wacky:

No matter what supplier you use, there will be SOME unhappy customers.

I have always been happy with WHE but it can't be disputed that KDBee had shocking service from them though.

Satisfied customers generally don't start threads on forums.... disatisfied customers do.

Absolutely.

Of course I can only speak for me but I've bought literally thousands of pounds of stuff off WEX on several occasions.

One one occasion I had an issue (briefly I had a D3 on preorder from before prices were fixed and didn't think the prices were as competitive as I wanted when my order was ready to ship). I called a couple of times and wasn't happy with their answer so I mentioned it on their forum. Within 20 mins the MD called me on my mobile. At 8 pm on a Sunday. He just said "I don't know what the history is - let me deal with this first thing tomorrow". 9:30 next morning he was back on the phone with an apology and solution.

I particularly like that he didn't do ANYTHING until he had the full facts. Good customer service and looking after his staff. After all I could have just been a trouble causer.

They are always second call for any gear I need - after the independent camera store that's 30 mins walk from my house. 10 mins further than Jessops ;)

I have bought a lot of stuff from them over the years, twice I had a problem with delivery, both times down to the courier, both times resolved efficiently and swiftly by WEX.

Once I ordered a ball head, realised an hour later I had ordered the wrong one, rang them back, they had processed the order but got it changed before it was despatched.

Once I rang them regarding a query on if a particular mounting plate was the correct one, girl went down to the warehouse and rang me back with the measurements, then said if it was wrong just return it.

I have had them physically check in the warehouse that an item is in stock and available.

I would not hesitate to recommend them, however I would suggest that if you are ordering an item that you need urgently, ring them and check they have it in stock.

never had a problem with them myself - but then i can pop in there if a problem arises (and have done in the past on behalf of others not so close!!!)

I must admit though, I don't get their refusal to price match genuine offers...........

My last lens (Sigma 120-400) came from them. Everything was smooth.

I've used them plenty of times and have always had good service, though i have never had to return anything

I too have spent a fortune with WEx over dozens of orders. On the rare occasions when something has gone wrong (mispicked or faulty item) it has been resolved quickly and courteously. Whenever I have had cause to phone them I have always had the impression that the business is well managed and the staff well trained.

I have used Warehouse Express in the past and had no problems at all, I ordered a Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8 that was back ordered. They gave me a call to let me know that it was back in stock, and that they have just shipped it for next day delivery. Money was not taken from my account until item was back in stock too.

I must add another positive vote for WEX. I have ordered several thousand £££s worth of gear over the years. I've never had an issue, and often the goods are delivered before I expected them. They are always one of the first places I check when I need new gear.

I've spent thousands with them, both in personal visits and over the internet. Always had good service and no problems, but maybe that's because I've bought nothing made by Canon!

I no longer shop at Warehouse Express..

Their customer service and general competence of late is woefully inadequate and they haven't seen any of my money for a year or so now..

IMHO, there are better online outlets who are deserving of my hard earned cash..

Have to add that I was a bit swayed by that thread too in regards to their service. But, after that I had some lighting equipment go faulty. They came to my door, collected it, checked it back at the warehouse, and sent a new one out the next week.

So I can't fault them to be honest!

As others, I have bought quite a bit from them. When I had my first and only problem I had to escalate the issue with my credit card company before WEX would do anything.
Wasn't happy

It has to be an exceptional deal elsewhere for me not to use them.

Maybe because I also get 4% cashback on everything ;)

Spent many £1000's with them over the years both online and direct to the store with absolutely no probs would happily recommend them to anyone

Used many times without a hitch.
Just ordered up a couple of small items a short time ago.

Sorry for bring up an oldish thread, but would just like to say I've been pretty impressed with them...
After Purelygadgets failed me, I went to them and they were much quicker and just generally better. They responded to one of my emails within 4 minutes! Online live chat thing was useful for checking the model and stock of a product.
Received something that was on backorder today, all was well with that, other than being a few days over the estimated time, but all good.

I had nothing but exellent service from them. But when KDBee (see post 3) had the hassle that she had with them I was determined not to use them again.
It's only when things go wrong that you see the true value that a company gives to their customers. Unfortunately in this case it was sadly lacking. They won't get any more of my money.

I had nothing but exellent service from them. But when KDBee (see post 3) had the hassle that she had with them I was determined not to use them again.
It's only when things go wrong that you see the true value that a company gives to their customers. Unfortunately in this case it was sadly lacking. They won't get any more of my money.

Let me get this right... you have had excellent service, one person says they have had poor service so you vow never to use them?

I find that attitude bizarre! Every company will have at least one unhappy customer, companies are run by people who will make the odd mistake and have an off day. Sure, a firm like Simply Electronics has so many people complaining it is advisable to steer clear, but WEX has generally very good reports. I had a bad experience in Tesco once, will you now avoid them?

Let me get this right... you have had excellent service, one person says they have had poor service so you vow never to use them?

I find that attitude bizarre! Every company will have at least one unhappy customer, companies are run by people who will make the odd mistake and have an off day. Sure, a firm like Simply Electronics has so many people complaining it is advisable to steer clear, but WEX has generally very good reports. I had a bad experience in Tesco once, will you now avoid them?

Couldn't agree more with this! (y)

Have to say I agree whole heartedly with this. If you didn't buy from any retailer with whom somebody has had a bad experience, you'd end up having to manufacture your own camera equipment! ;)

I used to use warehouse express exclusively. I'm talking 2003-2006 era here.

They always had the best prices, customer service was second to none. For example I ordered a 17-40L from their website (my third purchase, previous two were between them over 2.5k). At the time this lens was very popular and in high demand, it was back ordered. I recieved regulars update from them, by phone, of my order progress - their price dropped, my order was updated to reflect this. All in all, excellent. Spent a fortune with them during that time.

Fast forward to the past couple of years. Their online stock system is terrible - I have ordered things that state 'low stock' and they do not notify me that it was actually out of stock for a couple of days (you know, at the end of the day I assumed delivery would be). Their prices have crept up to the point where in many cases Jessops beat them - and many other suppliers can offer better prices.

When I actually speak with them, they are incredibly helpful - but their online service has definitly dropped below par in my experience.

Now, they are low on the list of suppliers I will use.

You can find it as bizarre as you want! :eek: :LOL:
Having followed the full thread about this incident it was clear they just didn't care. I'll agree totally that often it's not the company's fault and that you can get completely unreasonable customers too. But I really don't think that this was the case here. I believe she put a link in to the original topic, it went on for quite a few pages but it's well worth reading.

The major power consumers have is the ability to vote with their wallet, and I did.

You can find it as bizarre as you want! :eek: :LOL:
Having followed the full thread about this incident it was clear they just didn't care. I'll agree totally that often it's not the company's fault and that you can get completely unreasonable customers too. But I really don't think that this was the case here. I believe she put a link in to the original topic, it went on for quite a few pages but it's well worth reading.

The major power consumers have is the ability to vote with their wallet, and I did.

I must agree
I used them a lot in the past, had the odd hiccup but no big deal. On the whole service was good.
But as my rather long thread will prove what happened to me was bad.
In the final week before I was refunded. I wrote a letter (posted by Special Delivery) to the MD with links to my threads and details of what had been happening.
What reply do you think I got?
In a word nothing. No apology and No explanation.
I think it’s a disgrace with what happened to me and the MD cannot even be bothered to reply to my letter.
I am 110% sure the only reason I got the refund was because of forums like this.
Read my original thread and you will see how bad they treated me.
Link to thread http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=231800 it had 24'440 views & 395 replies
Sorry that’s my rant over for while

Last edited:
Back