WARNING - Dead Fox Cub

Name
Charles
Edit My Images
No
Just a wee post for those who may be interested.

Came across this wee guy lying beside his lair.
Looks no more than a couple of weeks old - no idea what killed him or why the mother would leave the body at the front door.

foxCub.jpg

Probably the whole family has been killed, unfortunately.

Nathan
Unfortunately some just don't get a chance.

Dougie
You might be right, didn't think about that possibility.

The flash is picking up too much stuff on the right of the frame.
A long exposure with natural light might be more sympathetic, as it is it looks quite lively for a dead thing! :)

The flash is picking up too much stuff on the right of the frame.
A long exposure with natural light might be more sympathetic, as it is it looks quite lively for a dead thing! :)

Cheers UMD
Wasn't really after a crit as was only a quick snap. However, I think you're spot on there.
I put up the shot as some members on here may have found
it (the animal / incident) of interest.
Did think of putting it in "Photos for Pleasure", but didn't think it quite appropriate under that title.

I remember a post about dead coyotes strung up on a fence (maybe another forum?) which spawned a great load of discussion and was well worth looking at. I think there was a vulture too. Good stuff.
Next time the mole-catcher's been down near the castle I'll take some moody photos ... no, really.

Why anyone would find that interesting is beyond me!

Well George.
I find it interesting that it's beyond you ... maybe try looking a little further ahead:LOL:

I agree with Tucker tho. it's quite sad that the animal is dead but i dont see the point of this picture as well. the photo does not have anything nice to it (cant even see it being used as a documentary photo)
but... if you are happy with it then that's ok i guess. it is your thread after all! :)

Back