was this a bargain?

Name
Ryland
Edit My Images
Yes
went to a car boot sale today and got this for 6 quid(y)

4917687400_ca8f06b316_o.jpg

zenit et camera and leather holder = seems to be OK though i don't know how to work it properly

helios 44-2 lens = cleaned up ok and seems to work perfectly , a little oil on the diaphragm blades but they move easily and smoothly

some sort of flash i think

hannimex 35-200 f3.8-5.6= like new condition its own pouch

i dont know how much this lot is worth:shrug:, but a £6 it was worth a punt

I think you have been outrageously ripped off, send it to me and I'll send you the £6 you've wasted :LOL::LOL:

Seriously though, for £6 you can't really go wrong. Stick a roll of film through it and whack the results up on here (y)

congrats !

helios 44-2 is worth about 10-15 quid if the oil is not bad.
other stuff is junk, except I rather like the flash - cool thing.

I just finished looking at my helios pics. I totally adore that lens .

The Helios 44-M is an incredibly sharp optic and one of my favourites as well. Its just a pity I can't use it on my Spotmatic F as it extends to far into the body and hits the open aperture metering pin. So I am stuck with having to use it on my Zenit EM or on extension tubes in macro.
Russian/Soviet stuff might not be the best by far but it does the job and in some cases like with the Helios its seriously underated.

The flash thingy looks like a flash bulb holder. You might have some trouble using it though as although flash bulbs are still produced in tiny quantity's their not something you see very commonly and most are old ones.

Last edited:
<Tut> picking up a complete outfit for the list price of a roll of film....

:LOL:

Nicely done! Where's my voodoo doll? :razz:

-Rob

The Helios 44-M is an incredibly sharp optic and one of my favourites as well. Its just a pity I can't use it on my Spotmatic F as it extends to far into the body and hits the open aperture metering pin. So I am stuck with having to use it on my Zenit EM or on extension tubes in macro.
Russian/Soviet stuff might not be the best by far but it does the job and in some cases like with the Helios its seriously underated.

The flash thingy looks like a flash bulb holder. You might have some trouble using it though as although flash bulbs are still produced in tiny quantity's their not something you see very commonly and most are old ones.

I use it on minolta and sony via M42 adapter.

I used to have a flashgun like that. Couple of years ago though.:LOL:

Wonder if you can still get the bulbs. There used to be white or blue bulbs for it.

ive already got a helios 44m-4 which is very sharp but this 44-2 seems even sharper and seems easier to get the focus right :D(y):D(y)

ive already got a helios 44m-4 which is very sharp but this 44-2 seems even sharper and seems easier to get the focus right :D(y):D(y)

With Russian lenses there are more chances of getting variations in quality.....My Helios 44m 8 blade is sharp, but it's a bit odd in that it screws onto a m42 adapter or M42 Praktica MTL3...but wont screw onto my 1960 M42 Pentax S3, the Pentax has no problem with a Meyer 42mm lens.

Last edited:
yep, i got a Zenit EM and the helios 44-2 and the case for a whopping £10, i got ripped off by the looks of it :razz:

enjoy it, the helios is a lovely lens as said. i need to get some adapters to use it on other cameras though! my zenit is downright cumbersome compared to the AE1!

lol, OP has a200, so does Andy and so does me ! :D . oh ! and we all have helios 44-2 . I'm the only sucker who paid around 13pounds just for the lens ! :D

Great buy at the bootie Saturday was a mint working MTL5b with Pentacon 50mm......exc lens same as Meyer 50mm (and IMO better than Helios as it focuses to 12") and could have got the camera, plus nice bag, plus 3 flashguns for £10.....thought I come back later and offer her £7, but it had gone.

Zenit ET's probably worth £6 as scrap iron to be honest. As someone who struggled with the Eastern European nasties first time around, I'm not the ideal person to comment on them 30 years on, apart from to say - if it still works by now, then you must have one from a day when the Vodka ration was watered, and it's probably okay :)

The lenses, however, were pretty good, if you got a good one, and definitely worth the price of a couple of pints in themselves. The Flashgun's gonna cost you an arm and a leg to use though, assuming you can find the right kind of bulbs.

starastin, i have an A200 yes, but i can't help but feel i'd be better off with my 50mm f/1.4 than the helios, i'm willing to be proven wrong though! i'm definately getting an adapter for the M42 135mm lens i have though!

I still don't have a 50mm f1.4 or f1.7 or 1.8 but I like using my helios on alpha . I like the pics it produces.

4919960801_af3676ccb9_z.jpg

basically pulled some blacks up and that's about it .
love it , but I don't have chipped adapter so everything's manual.

i didn't really buy it for the camera i just wanted the lenses as i have a couple of m42 adapters and a few lenses, the only reason i got the flash was it came with the camera

Back