Wasdale last night with added shot

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
I went to Wasdale for a short trip out as the weather was very calm and there was a chance of a reflection not my usual tome of year for landscapes but I wanted to try my Olympus E-M1ii (for landscapes) and fancied getting somewhere a bit calm after a long day at work.

I chose mono as I felt it suited the scene

Wasdale mono reflection by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Right choice I`d say, lovely shot Alf.

Right choice I`d say, lovely shot Alf.

Thanks Graham

Good stuff. Just 2 minor comments: the left-hand end of the sunlit Screes looks a little too bright; and the sky looks a bit darker than its reflection.

Thanks John
I see your points but I am happy with it on my monitor

It certainly does, great shot and conversion, it all looks fine on my monitor

Thanks Chris

Looks great and one of the best shots of Wasdale I’ve seen.

Would prefer a colour version - especially as it will be lovely and green.

Thanks Steve
This shot maybe wasnt as green as you may expect but the longer lens shots showed it more.

Cracking, sharp, peaceful shot, well impressed.

Cracking, sharp, peaceful shot, well impressed.

Thanks Dale

Beautiful, the foreground stones beneath the water complement the reflections and sky nicely.

Thanks Alan

That's excellent. Very good use of the mono conversion. It looks almost alpine with snow on the ground. I do like the little chunk of shoreline you've retained on the bottom left.

Thanks Andy
I did consider (very briefly) cropping that bit of rock but I preferred the proportions and it shows the transition to dry ground.

I'm not convinced portrait or at least the tall ratio suits but mono definitely does. It does look to be a bit slanted but that could just be an effect

I'm not convinced portrait or at least the tall ratio suits but mono definitely does. It does look to be a bit slanted but that could just be an effect

It is not possible to please all

I like the shot above. Proper landscape format.

Thanks James
I am happy with portrait and square shots myslef

So, re my comment on your Derwentwate shot, I would prefer this in the colour version - similar to your 'Wasdale morning reflection' on Flickr.
I think that it may be the shadow lines along the hills that makes it seem unnatural to my eyes.
You do take some crackimg shots of Wasdale though(y)

Thanks for the comment Alan
Things may not seem natural as if you were stood there it would never look like this but by choosing mono I can PP it as I wish. Those shadows on the right would have a similar weird feel in colour btw

Back