wasdale passing squall more shots added

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
Here is a shot of Wasdale on Sunday afternoon as another weather system is passing through.

The weather had been nice in the morning but it was turning awful so I went to Wasdale and managed to catch some nice shots. I watched this squall travel the length of the vally and hardly got wet.

Wasdale passing Squall by Alf Branch, on Flickr

What do you think?

I like it , Very moody and nature giving a display

Great shot Alf, good comp', lovely light, and well handled exposure.(y)

George.

Well done on capturing the conditions here Alf, I wonder whether you might lose a little off the bottom of the frame, to increase the presence of the squall

Excellent :) Very moody

I like these but the first one the most. I love watch rain move along a valley like this. This definitely shows why staying local allows you to capture the images when the weather is right, having the lakes on your doorstep is perfect.

Cracking set of images Alf! :)

Thanks Martin

Thanks Steve

I like these but the first one the most. I love watch rain move along a valley like this. This definitely shows why staying local allows you to capture the images when the weather is right, having the lakes on your doorstep is perfect.

Thanks Rob
I live less than ten miles from Ennerdale (between the sea and hills) but the climate is different over the hills.

Those conditions are to die for! I thought the top one was in B&W before it scrolled right down.

Very nice. I might crop them differently myself but that's a personal opinion........

Thanks Jeremy
I left the tones muted so they showed the rain better.
Any crops are welcome.

I think these are great Alf...a big umbrella? The shot with the divers is spooky, imagine being down there! ;)

I think these are great Alf...a big umbrella? The shot with the divers is spooky, imagine being down there! ;)

Thanks Nick
I did have my big umbrella out to keep the rain off my filter/lens for the camera on the tripod during some long exposures I tried it was not easy holding the umbrella though. I was in waterproofs.
The divers apearing was slightly sureal they said it got really cold below 20m and when I had a crack with them they said it was clear for the first time in months.

Great stuff alf first one is great, was hoping to catch a squall the last time I was there

Thanks Stuart it was more than I had hoped for I was just hoping for some gaps in the cloud but I had seen squalls over the sea on the way there and did consider a trip to a beach instead.

Wow, very nice Alf. Not everybody would attempt images in these conditions. Plenty of drama. I love number 1.

Wow, very nice Alf. Not everybody would attempt images in these conditions. Plenty of drama. I love number 1.

Thanks Dale I set out having seen these conditions develop.

Nice captures Alf - very atmospheric.

Love the divers emerging - nice and different and quite captivating.

Nice captures Alf - very atmospheric.

Love the divers emerging - nice and different and quite captivating.

Thanks Adrian

No1 is the pick of the bunch as a stand alone photograph.. fantastic graphic composition.

Great shots Alf.
I like the first shot in the second series, the panorama view works well.

Back