Washed Up - Scarborough Seascape

That is a lovely capture Mark. Really makes me wish I lived by the coast cos I love images like these.

Maybe the horizon could do with straightening and a couple of dust bunnies in the yop left need cloning out but other than that I really like it.

Well done :)

Totally agree

Wonderful image.
I love the warm earthy tones.
If this were mine I'd be rightly proud of it!

Really nice shot again Mark.

We've just spent the weekend just outside Scarborough (West Ayton to be exact). Our photos didn't turn out anywhere as good as this :(

We were staying in the caravan up on High Yedmandale Farm so not far away at all. We should have met up over a meal at the Denison Arms - Great food and masses of it.

Have you ventured to the quarry up near the farm? There's a wreck of a crane up there which I discovered whilst walking the dogs early morning. I should have a B&W conversion heading the way of this forum in the next couple of days.

Very nice composition and tones. I'd probably crop out the bit of coastline on the right, but thats nit picking really

WOW thats one to be proud of for sure.
it looks amazing..

This is good, and the gorgeous light lifts it, and it's also a gentle slap in the face to those that suggest composition rules should be ignored, if this image doesn't justify following the rule of thirds, I'll eat my hat.

I'd clone that bit of debris bottom right.

yeah thats a great shot to take along with you defo... more of the same and ull walk it !

ii like this shot a lot, however what spoils it, is the the bit of beech on the left side that has no sea on it . it sort of draws the eye away from everything else
if it was my shot id be tempted to clone the sea over it. and see if it improved it
but nice exposure and colours

I love this shot!

Did you use an ND filter? If so, what kind of exposure?

.... did you get wet feet?! :D

This is stunning Mark, the colours are excellent and you've captured the water movement absolutely spot on. The composition is also bang on. Definitely a wall hanger :clap:

Now im gonna feel really bad for saying this :crying: but my only niggle with this is the rock. I feel it stands out too much and steals all the show. Almost looks 3D!! Maybe its just me but think it might have been over sharpened or too much contrast added to it? :thinking: I could be wrong. But this doesnt take anything away from the image, its a real cracker (y)(y)

Last edited:
Back