Washed Up

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
One for a print competition coming up.

The set subject is "what's the story".

Thought a message in a bottle had an heir of mystery to it enough to work with the subject.

34065130176_97c3bd2397_c.jpg

Washed Up by 40D Simon Barrett by https://www.flickr.com/photos/104283043@N05/ - Flickr2BBcode
NIKON D7000, undefined@89.8 mm, f5.6, 1/500s, ISO200

Being pedantic, "an air of mystery" might be better unless the message is announcing an inheritance.... ;)

Haha, Thank you for the correction. I was debating it in my mind and thought "air" was wrong.

Ho hum.

Still, the judge gave some nice comments, he especially liked the bubbles and said it was a perfect example of judge bait as it made him look really close as he wanted to see if there was a message written on the paper in the bottle. He gave it a 17 out of 20, so ok. I'd've liked more for it, like 18, but there were some better images on the night.

bottle 1 by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

bottle 2 by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

the foreground is a point to consider...do you want out of focus elements...sharper would draw the eye in
a top to the bottle...it floated 10,000 km y'know
and for me some treatment to the glass to make it more...impacting...but not break it

cheers
geof

Last edited:
Did the judge comment on there not being a top on the bottle?

Can't see how it would wash up, with the paper intact, without a top on it. Just my thoughts though.

Back