Washington, DC

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Evening all - just back from a few days on business in the USA. Had the chance to get out for a few hours with my travel set-up - the 10D and Sigma 18-125mm, which performed rather nicely. Here's a selection:

The Presidential residence:

whouse.jpg

Where it all happens:

capitol.jpg

And a couple of (noisy - I'm working on it ;)) night shots - the Lincoln Memorial:

lincoln.jpg

...and the Washington Memorial:

washington.jpg

Nice pics, brings back memories, was there last year, and got a right telling off from a Police man from daring to set up a tripod infront W's house.

Thanks Hawker :) The security presence was quite low-key, actually, although I was the only DSLR shooter there at the time - I did get the feeling that if I'd had brought the 100-400 there might've been a flurry of activity :D

I quite liked Washington, it's a very photogenic place with all the monuments and historical buildings, and I think I took the exact same picture as the one in the reflecting pool. I never did get round to posting my pics, must get round to sorting them out.

Thanks Neil :) As Hawker said, there's loads of picturesque stuff there - things like the monuments, obviously, but there is also a European style to the architecture which is different from most other US cities, and makes for some great shots. Highly recommended place.

like all of them no 2 is my favorite

Back