Wasnt sure where to post this-

Name
Mark Molloy
Edit My Images
Yes
Just thought i would share a bit of good news. I entered the birdforum competition which was a wildlife image taken in the past few months. The competition was in run with Zeiss and Simon King. Anyway i managed to get a Sparrowhawk image which i took from Alans hide ( Fudgey on here )into the top 10 images.. I feel great knowing others like my image and im now waiting on Simon King and Zeiss deciding on the top 2 images from the 10 selected. I have at the moment won a Zeiss gift pack but stand a 1 in 10 chance of winning a £1400 pair of binoculars..

**Polite message**
Please do not link off site.
Especially as you have to join to view there.

Congrats BTW

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks to me like you've got a good chance of winning that Mark, superb shot :clap:

fingers crossed mate, the image is a stunner, think theres only yours and maybe 2 others that could win it

Last edited:
What a super shot. This deserves to win. Fingers crossed.
Having reviewed the others I think it's between you and the Dipper.

Last edited:
that is very nice

Congrats Mark and I wish you all the best (y) I think knowing that you have been short listed is worse than the final decision sometimes :LOL: As you rightly say there are some cracking images amonst them and all deserving winners really. Keep us updated!

Hey Mods!! This thread is in the wrong section :D ;)

Congratulation on reaching the last 10. There are some cracking images there but I hope you get the decision.

Congrats Mark
There are some stunning images there and all the best for the final decision (y)

What a stunning phot Markyboy i have looked at the rest and i think yours stands out above all the others but thats just me lol.Hope you win the top prize mate well done.

John

Superb shot Mark, i usually spend 3 weeks a year in the galloway forest, never come across such a beautifull sparrow hawk as this one. Good luck, think you are in the running for the No1 spot

Superb shot Mark, i usually spend 3 weeks a year in the galloway forest, never come across such a beautifull sparrow hawk as this one. Good luck, think you are in the running for the No1 spot

Give Alan ( Fudgey )a message to use his hide and you are all but garanteed to see these...Alan obviously cant garantee them turning up but very very few dont get pics of them when they go.Also has Jays close, red squirrels very close and often Buzzards turn up as well...

It's a cracking shot Mark, must be in with a great chance of winning the comp.

I`m not registered on there Mark, any chance of shoving it up on here?

Ade i think its this or one very similar to this as i have 7 or 8 all very similar-
i wasnt sure whether to crop a very little from the bottom or not but if i did the log didnt seem to sit well or look like a log at all-

291211_1605_filtered.jpg

Is that cropped bud?

It was slightly cropped to start with Ade but wasnt sure if it needed a little more. I left more than usual at the left as if successful Zeiss may want to add some text etc for promotional work.

Ah, fair enough.

Going away from the rules...;).......I think it would look even better with more space for the bird to be looking into,maybe even the bird further to the right,not sure if you could do that.

Pretty impressive shot no matter what, congratulations and good luck with the comp.......(y)

Fancy Inverness again in July?

I like to leave a bit of space on the right for the tail. I hate seing bird images where the tail is very very close to the edge, to me it just seems like its squashed into the pic...:wacky:Its to late now anyway mate so will wait on word either way....

I may look at another similar image and try what you say to see how it looks.(y)

Yip Ade, just let me know. Im on my way to buying another 500 f4 and tc again so will have it long before then if all goes to plan...
Will do Mark.

Pretty chuffed with my 500 tbh............:)

Not worth the hassle Mark.

Great lens as you know, VR on long lenses is a bone of contention. Prefer mine without........(y)

I told you a few years back it was a good lens. It's a good compromise between length, hand hold able and able o shoot in low light conditions. I keep considering the 600f4 but not being able to handhold brings me back to the 500. Let's see some Images from your 500.

You can get away with handholding the 600 but not for long periods, certainly not as easy as handholding the 500 or 200-400. cracking pic Mark (y)

Ade, I will be looking for an AFS or AFS II , like you I don't need VR as sometimes I will be using the big tripod. Andy I held the 600 and wouldn't carry around with me on treks etc, if I were to buy the 600 I would use it only when I had the tripod with me. The 500 and add the 1.4tc for when I really need it suits my needs better for the coming year.

Well done mate............:clap:

Back