Wasp and snail

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
A few from this morning, very hard to get up much closer to the snail....as it wouldn't stay still. Nearly got a couple of a red mite but they are very fast when up close, the same for a money spider!

IMG_7090-01.jpg

IMG_7104-01aa.jpg

IMG_7122-02a.jpg

TFL.
Ken.

Great details in the first although a lower angle might have worked better.

What happened in the second shot? Is the wasp an ex-wasp?

Snails are always tricky, getting them in focus is like pushing springs into a matchbox ;)

Incredible DOF you're getting with those bellows Ken. (y)

pxl8 said:
What happened in the second shot? Is the wasp an ex-wasp?
I think it's pining for the Fjords! :naughty:

I think the wasp is tremendous Ken, Jeebus you can count the hairs on its head.(y)

I don't know whether it will be down for breakfast in the morning though looking at it..:LOL:

Bloody wasps.. I hate them.:mad:

The detail in the 2nd shot is amazing. I'm well impressed with what you've achieved with your new toy!

that lens is pretty damn spanking. Absolute bargain of the year methinks.

I'm wondering now what a current 50mm would be like stuck on the end of some bellows.

I have brilliant images in my head of you chasing microscopic creatures around the garden. Lookin forward to seein some more.

the second wasp is cracking

excellent stuff :notworthy:

Cheers guys....It's fun but can be very frustrating when the bugs just won't keep still long enough.
Gandhi said:
that lens is pretty damn spanking. Absolute bargain of the year methinks.
Oh it was! I bought it just to try something else that's all and days I don't have time to get out, it gives me something to play with in the garden.
Here is the lens itself out of the bellows....nothing to it is there?

lens6jt.jpg

I have brilliant images in my head of you chasing microscopic creatures around the garden. Lookin forward to seein some more.
I did have some pics I was going to show you here but I must of deleted them as they are a bit out of focus.....money spider and red mite, maybe I'll reprocess just to give ya a larf!!!!

Thanks again.
Ken.

Back