Wasp Portrait - Large version added

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Vespula vulgaris sat on the Camellia doing what wasps do............All C&C welcome click for 1600 X 1200 version - BIG :eek:

Last edited:
fantastic shot..well done

great shot..

daft question time.

you use the MP-E65?

what is the working distance of this picture?

Thanks for the comments (y)

great shot..

daft question time.

you use the MP-E65?

what is the working distance of this picture?

Robbo yes its with the MP-e65 cant remember the magnification setting probably around 3 - 4X with a small crop to take off the surrounding edges.

These are the working distances for the lens

1:1 101mm
2:1 63mm
3:1 51mm
4:1 44mm
5:1 41mm

Great shot... I'm slowly overcoming my arachnophobia but my wasp-o-phobia won't let me get near these little blighters

I'm a lot better now after sitting / laying in flowers having wasps buzz around me and not taking much interest at all.

Wow, thats sharp mate! Excellent :clap::clap:

Vespula vulgaris

the shape on the head is a tell tale, fantastic shot.

Superb! I want to go and get some macro pics asap to see what I can do! Great pics...

You really shouldn't put images of this quality on the internet without a watermark - especially in large sizes!

Great shot... I'm slowly overcoming my arachnophobia but my wasp-o-phobia won't let me get near these little blighters

:agree:.............:runaway:

That has a bigger head than me Paul :LOL: Lovely shot Mate (y)

Thanks to everyone who's commented (y)

You really shouldn't put images of this quality on the internet without a watermark - especially in large sizes!

I'll have a play with a watermark or aleast a copyright mark - Thanks

No one seems to have asked the question but what kit did you use to get this shot - it's fantastic, well done!

No one seems to have asked the question but what kit did you use to get this shot - it's fantastic, well done!

Hi - I used a 5D MKII with a MP-e65 macro lens and lighting was with a MT-24ex Flash.

f10 - 1/100 and ISO200

Thanks for that - now how do I cobble together the Nikon equivalent?!:)

Here you go - My nikon rig before switching to Canon, PB6 bellows with a reversed 20mm will give around 10:1 - but not very pratical......

macro1.jpg

Stunning, he looks in need of head n shoulders with all that pollen dust :)

Back