Wassup Gang!

Z

ZED28

I've been threatened by CT to join this forum - something about meeting his monthly quotas I think he said! :p

Seriously, I'm actually CT Jr. and have him to thank for my countless (not to mention expensive) hobbies - one of those being photography.

A little about me, umm... this should be short! Born and bred in the UK (obviously) and got into photography via CT at about, hmm I dunno say 14 or 15? Back then it was helping out in the blacked out kitchen developing B/W prints, color slides and everything in between. I was certainly influenced in my camera purchases and got my first camera, a Pentax ME Super, one of the first "electronic button" camera released! I got the proverbial power winder for it and a crap load of lenses - half of which were hand-me-downs from CT!:woot:

I was offered a 2nd hand Canon A1 about 12 months after that which was leaps and bounds ahead of its time but a useless paperweight if the batteries died! Shortly after that I got the Pentax SFX (after CT got his first!) and then I progressed (that's open to discussion) to photographing and developing color prints for a couple of weddings. I'll NEVER do either of those again!:shock:

My first digital camera was an Olympus Camedia, can't remember the model but it was a whopping 640x480 at max res with a limited 16 pictures stored on the ON BOARD camera ram. CT of course went out ang got the better 1024x768 model and from that point, I instantly wanted to sell mine! LOL

I'll save you all from the story but I moved to the States to get married about 7.5 years ago and had to drop all of my kit for funding reasons. I got a point and shoot Olympus D-400 Zoom which I dropped about 18 months later - onto a concrete floor!:annoyed:

My current camera is a Nikon Coolpix 5700 which I'm pretty disapointed with and will be purchasing an SLR system camera again soon. Hence my being here - to garnish the wealth of knowledge from this forum!

I have plenty of other hobbies still - I spend a great deal of time with web-sites and have a couple of sites I run and own, one of which is a car club for V8 GM cars (Vettes, Goats, F-Bodies etc) www.gmlsxs.org the other is my own site www.tomkinson.org where I use Gallery also.

Okay, so that ended up being an excerpt from War and Piece!:ponders: LOL

Anyways, just wanted to say a big howdy, this place really does come highly recomended.:thumb:

Welcome to the forums Zed. Enjoy your stay, and if CT Sr starts giving you grief or bossing you about, you just let me know and I'll give him a stern finger waggin for you :p

Welcome sir

It seems we have a lot to live up to, I do hope we don't disappoint ;)

Hiya :)

Aaaaagh! Six thousand miles in't enough? :tonofbric

Welcome aboard Gaz.(Gary) I know you're on the horns of the classic Nikon or Canon dilemma. We have users of both here who'll no doubt be happy to give you their entirely unbiased opinions. ;) This sudden dilemma wouldn't be anything to do with the fact you have a birthday in the offing - would it? :LOL:

This sudden dilemma wouldn't be anything to do with the fact you have a birthday in the offing - would it?

That smacks a little of insider trading to me. :nono: :LOL:

Welcome zed :)

welcome!

Thanks for the welcome guys! IanC_UK, why do you think I moved to the States? :LOL: In all seriousness, I've learned a great deal from CT and I know he wouldn't be hanging around here if it didn't have something to offer.

As for the B-Day timing, I seriously doubt it but I will be looking to purchase in the not too distant future. I'll be researching the cameras to death as this will ultimately be a commitment to one system or another.

Welcome aboard steer clear of those smelly Nikons :p

McMav said:
Welcome aboard steer clear of those smelly Nikons :p

Arrrrggg... please dont say that word Nikon here. :annoyed:

Now Canon rolls off the tongue much nicer..Mmmmmmmm :beer:

Welcome aboard mate... :)

Joe T said:
Oi, you, out! :p

You wont like me when I'm angry... :tonofbric

Joe T said:
Nikon and Canon both have advantages and disadvantages.

They do Joe... :thumb:

But Canon are still better... :flipoff:

:LOL:

Boys! pul-eeeeze lets not show Gaz/Gary how territorial we can be - we might scare him off. There was enough hissing going on Yesterday and that thread ended up with blood on a lens - a Canon one at that.

Welcome aboard ZED28 :wave:

:welcome:

Hello and Welcome to TPF, good to have you aboard :wave:

err why is everyone responding to this old thread ?

......and he still hasn't bought a DSLR either. :D

Now that was funny :)

Can't be many of us that actually read the welcome threads through :LOL:

Oh and

hello :)

:welcome: Zed, I am in a similar position to yourself and am about to purchase a digital SLR CAMERA but I will be buying the Sony Alpha100 as I have a Minolta SLR film camera and several Minolta lenses that will fit the Sony.
If I didn't have the lenses I would have bought the Nikon D80.

Good Luck with your choice but at the end of the day it is the person behind the camera that is the most important part of:wave: good photography.

Back