Watch Advert (A test)

Edit My Images
No
Hi All,

I was flicking through a magazine the last day and I saw a very nice advert for a watch and decided to have a go and see could I do something that looked good enough for such an advert.

The left image (the orange one) is the image of my watch I started with and the right is the advert I faked using the image on the left.

Please have a look and C+C my work, Thanks!!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2427/4011567516_677908c211_b.jpg

Staff Edit : Image(s) removed. (Link(s) left in place). Pictures must not exceed current forum limits as per the rules.
Please feel free to replace this with a fresh/resized image and remove this text

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job mate! My only criticism would be that it seems that the watch is kind of facing upwards. Could you put something under the top part of the watch face so that it is angled slightly down? Does that make sense?
Anyway, a massive improvement over the original shot. Well done.

Hi Kiwi Jaz!!

Thanks for your comments, I took the image without much thought, If i do another one I definetly will make sure the face is straight on!!

Hi Kiwi Jaz!!

Thanks for your comments, I took the image without much thought, If i do another one I definetly will make sure the face is straight on!!

Good try there.I would also set the hands to 1.50,looks better

Pretty good piece of post work to get there from the original.

Couple of things though; the hands are going through the logo, standard is to shoot the watch showing 10.10 (or 1.50) though on this one maybe 11.05 would be better to avoid the smaller dials as well.

I think you need a bit more support under the wristband in order to eliminate a few shadows in places.

Quite a slick bit of PS work though. (y)

EDIT: JIMC beat me to it.

I'm afraid the horrid lighting in the original has translated into a poor result.

You need to try lighting this through some diffusion material to give more wrap around lighting to the surfaces rather than a hard tungsten light.

Back