Watch (not macro) close up

Dangermouse

Squeaky Clean
Edit My Images
No
Just a quick one to test the camera I have just bought off Malcolm, so just getting used to the controls and settings again after a couple of years away.

Really enjoyed doing this again, must invest in another DSLR soon:)
Also I now use a laptop so if the contrast/brightness is out let me know so I can adjust the screen as it looks ok on my laptop:LOL:

DSCF1687_filter.jpg

I love it when forums collide I've seen this username on a watch forum i recently joined and I thought I recognised it from somewhere!!
Nice pic of the Hamilton!

Joe

(as an aside I'm seriously debating whether to buy a certain German chrono which once belonged to you in the same other forum!!)

Hi Joe, thanks for the comment......pics will get better:LOL:

The Steinhart is a fabulous watc mate I was really sorry the day that went:shake:

not bad (the photo that is the watch is lovely). I would set the time though where you can see the pertinent details on the dial - around 14:50 is usually ok.

Thanks Kman, I didnt think, but tip taken on board and will have a go tomorrow, the second hand is also very fine and sweeping, any tips to get that in shot.

Really nice watch, think about position in the frame, this is not going to run away. Re moving hands, if the watch has a hacking movement (pulling out the crown, popular on mil watches for setting accurate time) that can work, automatics you can wait till they stop, or possibly the easiest is to improve the level of light to get a faster shutter speed, you can use a light tent to manage the reflections.

Well I managed to get a sharper shot, but forgot to set the hands as it does hack:shake:......so will have another bash later on but heres the shot.

DSCF1825.jpg

Back