Watch Strap For Large Wrist?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

Just on the off chance does anyone know where I could purchase a watch strap for a large wrist?

I have a nice Timex, metal strap, watch that has become to uncomfortable for me to wear now because of the size of my wrists so I am looking to replace the strap with a larger one if I can.

I don't mind if I replace it with another metal strap or a leather one, I just want one that will fit comfortably round my wrist.

My wrist is 9.5" inches round.

So anyone have any ideas where I may be able to get one from?

Thanks in advance.

Take care,

Keith

Give a NATO strap a try?

Best ones from Eddie here: http://www.timefactors.com/nato.htm

He also has other strap styles and quite a variety of watches he designs and sells. I have a few and they are top notch. With impeccable customer service.

Ebay is full of watch straps/bands, remember and measure between the lugs of your watch to get the right size before ordering one...

with wrists that size you might be better with one of these

ratchetstrap.jpg

and one of these

images

:LOL::LOL:

Give a NATO strap a try?

Best ones from Eddie here: http://www.timefactors.com/nato.htm

He also has other strap styles and quite a variety of watches he designs and sells. I have a few and they are top notch. With impeccable customer service.

+1. The straps on the CWC watches that we're issued are long enough to fit over your sleeve in a noddy suit. They're a stiff cloth and are very comfartable. Google for a company called Silvermans. They're a surplus store in Mile End that do CWC watches and accessories.

I had one made by this guy Toshi Straps. They're not the cheapest but the quality is superb and you can order the exact size you want. (y)

Toshi aka Rich is great guy and makes fabulous straps. However they do need a beefy watch to look good.. And there might be a bit of a queue :)

I feel your pain Keith! My wrists are a similar size.

The missues bought me a watch the first Christmas we were together, then realised how big my wrists were and went into a panic :LOL:

While I was in the shower one day, she measured the strap on my old watch and realised the new watch was coming up at least an inch too small :runaway:

She managed to contact the manufacturer who sent her out some extra links free of charge within 2 days and my Dad (a jeweller) fitted them in for me on Xmas day :)

It is a pain that's for sure.

I have been toying with the idea of just purchasing 2 new, but cheap, stainless steel straps and using the links from one to make the other longer

Try dive watch straps, they are larger to go over a wetsuit, come in rubber or material.
Material ones will work better.
Your idea of two straps sounds like a great plan though, loads to be had on ebay.

spike

Well a couple of Hong Kong watch straps latter I now have a nicely fitting stainless steel watch strap. :)

I just bought a couple of watch straps and used the links out of one of them to make the other bigger.

A simple solution really and at very little cost

Visit a posh jeweller. When I needed a strap for my Rolex, the jeweller measured me up and fitted it for me. distance buying could be a pain should you keep getting the wrong size. I have thick wrists too and one of the criterion for any new watch is that it has to fit out of the box, although I'm happy to add a couple of holes if necessary.

Visit a posh jeweller. When I needed a strap for my Rolex, the jeweller measured me up and fitted it for me. distance buying could be a pain should you keep getting the wrong size. I have thick wrists too and one of the criterion for any new watch is that it has to fit out of the box, although I'm happy to add a couple of holes if necessary.

ETA. The strap dad had it on was a Fixoflex. Sort of corrugated with little leaf springs allowing the flex. Now on a black leather strap and wearable and comfortable rather than the plucking Fixoflex!

Back