Watch the birdies! ID's?

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey guys & gals, just a few from a visit to Lotherton Hall at the weekend. Their bird sanctuary is cracking and well worth a visit (even though the car park is £3.50, enterance to the sanctuary is free)

Can anyone ID the birds for me?

bird1.jpg

bird2.jpg

bird3.jpg

bird4.jpg

5. I know this one :D - Swan!
swan.jpg

EDIT: C&C Always welcome :)

Number 1 could be a Little Egret but I'm not 100% sure on that.
5 is a Mute Swan

Sorry can't help with the others, will ask my son tomorrow he may know!

I believe No.2 is a Crowned Crane and I have a feeling we all know the last one! ;) No.1 is a stork of somesort.

Did you not look at the signs? :LOL:

Identify them you ask? The you go and put the name of them all on the photo!

Are you mad?

I'm guessing though, as they all look so different, they are all either different ages of maturity, represent both sexes, and in summer & winter plumage varieties of the species you've called - Mathew Hawkins

Am I right? eh? eh?

Did you not look at the signs? :LOL:

No, cos they all had chav's standing round them, and they were all smart mouthing about me & my camera in the first place :crying: :LOL:

DiddyDave said:
Identify them you ask? The you go and put the name of them all on the photo!

Are you mad?

I'm guessing though, as they all look so different, they are all either different ages of maturity, represent both sexes, and in summer & winter plumage varieties of the species you've called - Mathew Hawkins

Am I right? eh? eh?

Thats terrible.. :coat: :LOL:

wot I do is take a pic of the sign first

one visit I took some signs before and some after

then got totally confused trying to sort them out !!

#2 and #3 are the best

(y) thanks! They could be from anywhere in the world, to narrow it down a bit :LOL:

Excellent I'll have no trouble now you've narrowed it down:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Number 2 could be a white stork, have you get any of the whole bird, might make life easier?

EDIT, agree with Janice about the Crowned Crane, Number 4 is a Hornbill of some description I reckon, possibly a Ground Hornbill, althougth the ones I've seen have red throats.

Excellent I'll have no trouble now you've narrowed it down:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Number 2 could be a white stork, have you get any of the whole bird, might make life easier?

Sorry :D

No I haven't :( He was all on his own in with some Flamingo's though, if thats any help.

I realise I'm useless, and really should have either written down what they were, or took some pics of the signs. :LOL:

Sorry :D

No I haven't :( He was all on his own in with some Flamingo's though, if thats any help.

I realise I'm useless, and really should have either written down what they were, or took some pics of the signs. :LOL:

Did he have black tipped wings and orange legs?

Glad to be of service, will await the boys assistance in the morning with the others:D

Think No1 is Great White Egret. The Little Egret has an all black beak and the GWE has a black tip and yellow nearer the head. The Stork is deffo a White Stork. Still working on the others (apart from the swan).

Ha Ha, got No 2. Janice was right(y) a Crowned Crane. A Grey one to be precise.

The ugly one's got me stumped :thinking:tho. I'll keep looking.

AT LAST. Found it - the ugly one is a Ground Hornbill. Took me ages but here it is. Recommend you don't look for 'Ugly Asian Birds' on the net :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Ground_Hornbill_1-1.jpg

AT LAST. Found it - the ugly one is a Ground Hornbill. Took me ages but here it is. Recommend you don't look for 'Ugly Asian Birds' on the net :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Ground_Hornbill_1-1.jpg

That's two of us agree on the hornbill then. The boy agrees too so I reckon we may be right

Nice set of pics you have here Matt. Don't Lotherton Hall have a website that show a list and pics of the birds they keep there same as some of the Raptor Centres have.

Back