Water bubbles spilling over edge of glass

Edit My Images
Yes
ISO 200, 18-55mm @ 53mm, f/5.6, 1/60 sec
Water_Bubbles_by_neoweb.jpg

ISO 200, 18-55mm @ 55mm, f/5.6, 1/60 sec
Water_and_Glass_II_by_neoweb.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Would you mind to explain a little as to how you took these? The first looks like it would be a great wallpaper/background!

Would you mind to explain a little as to how you took these? The first looks like it would be a great wallpaper/background!

Filled up a glass with large glass marbles/stones. Turned on tap almost full to get a fast flow of water directly into glass generating lots of movement and lots of frothy bubbles. Camera (EOS 450D) in A-Dep mode. ISO 200, 18-55mm kit lens @ 53mm, f/5.6, 1/60 sec. Hope that helps. Here's another photo this time with slower water and no marbles/stones.

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to give an explanation. If I ever try it, I'll be sure to let you know the results!

Thanks for taking the time to give an explanation. If I ever try it, I'll be sure to let you know the results!

Yes, do post your results, look forward to seeing the pics. It works great in colour if you use many different brightly coloured marbles or something similar - gives a nice effect from lots of different angles.

Last edited:
Now I have to have a go!!! Before I was only thinking about it! OK, give me a few days and I'll get back to you on this one

Excellent photos - I really like them a lot.

Will have a go at the turbulent bubbles technique - has lots of promise.

really like number 1. Kinda looks like a t1000 moment from terminator as he recollects himself.

Back