Water collision - early days!

Name
Rhod
Edit My Images
Yes
Well I finally caught a few collisions:) Now I know it's possilble just got to sort out the BG, framing, lighting.........:thinking: Reckon Splog's safe for a while yet:LOL:

C & C and loads of advice always welcome:)

Thanks for looking(y)

he may be safe, for now ....

liking that lots, and although the red is a bit dull - perhaps some 'freshening up' could help?

Liking it - lots!

Well I finally caught a few collisions:) Now I know it's possilble just got to sort out the BG, framing, lighting.........:thinking: Reckon Splog's safe for a while yet:LOL:

C & C and loads of advice always welcome:)

Thanks for looking(y)

Really awesome and congratulations :clap: ..... Now you've started to get the collisions you will get loads more :D

My strongest advise would be to record exactly what you have done to achieve the shot as it really does help (y) Keep posting ...

I would also suggest try some colour in the dropped water (food dye) as it can really help to bring out the detail in the water ... (y)

he may be safe, for now ....

liking that lots, and although the red is a bit dull - perhaps some 'freshening up' could help?

Liking it - lots!

Thanks Meeten(y)

Really awesome and congratulations :clap: ..... Now you've started to get the collisions you will get loads more :D

My strongest advise would be to record exactly what you have done to achieve the shot as it really does help (y) Keep posting ...

Good idea! This is the only session where I managed more than one collision(y)

I would also suggest try some colour in the dropped water (food dye) as it can really help to bring out the detail in the water ... (y)

Definatly be trying that:) Thanks for the advice and encouragement it's appreciated:)

Here's another one from yesterday:

love the second one , i wonder what it would look like printed ? :)

That second one is excellent! :clap:

These are really really good :) Impressive stuff - 2nd is a killer :)

fantastic! Really wish I could get anything close to these....really despirate for a macro lens!

Vi x

love the second one , i wonder what it would look like printed ? :)

That second one is excellent! :clap:

These are really really good :) Impressive stuff - 2nd is a killer :)

Loving the red, really good pic :)

Thanks Guys apprieciate it(y)

fantastic! Really wish I could get anything close to these....really despirate for a macro lens!

Vi x

Thanks Vi:) Be careful once you get one it seems to get stuck on the camera:LOL:

Awesome shots! How did you get that collision effect?

Thanks Samina:) Getting the collisions took a while to say the least;) Presently using a reservoir with a tap on a homemade stand. Adjust the flow to a fast drip and shoot away.

I love them both. How do you do it if you don't mind me asking?
Edit: Just read the above post. But what's the setup. How do you take the shots? long exposure and flash or just remote release?

Last edited:
Early days Blimey! Second one is very good!:clap:

Thanks Rob:)

I love them both. How do you do it if you don't mind me asking?
Edit: Just read the above post. But what's the setup. How do you take the shots? long exposure and flash or just remote release?

Cheers Kingbling(y) Present settings are 50D (iso400 1/200 f11-16 in manual and cable release) with 430EX and 430EZ flashes (manual 1/32 power)on ebay triggers. Bowl of water with a red perspex BG. HTH

Congratulations getting your first collisions! :clap::clap:

I'm still dreaming of the day I can say that I've managed this :bang:

Back