Water Drops (1st attempt)

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, I've not contributed much to this site since joining as I just haven't had that much time to play with my camera for a little while.....however, i've been inspired recently by some of the shots on this forum and think it's about time I pulled my finger out and started having a go more.

So, i've been looking at some of the water droplet and collision photo's on here and have to say they look fantastic.

Anyway, here's a few of my attempts from earlier today. I'm reasonably happy with them for a first attempt, but think they could be a little sharper.

IMG_7231 by Gary Smithdale, on Flickr

IMG_7278 by Gary Smithdale, on Flickr

IMG_7241 by Gary Smithdale, on Flickr

Equipment used:
Canon EOS 7D
Canon 24-105mm L
Canon 580 EXII (off camera)
Remote Shutter Cable

I agree with Rhod, the first is my favourite, but in saying that, how many did you take to get these three!

I tried something similar a few months back, and spent an entire day with my daughter trying to get what we would say was just ONE that we were happy with, and did not succeed. :shrug:

So, my comment is a BIG well done.:clap:

Thanks very much for the comments :)

All in all I took 168 photo's and although I got quite a few that I liked, they mostly looked the same. I narrowed it down to 8 that I liked that looked different (on my flickr page) but I think these 3 were my best results.

I did get quite a few photo's of just the dish and no splash too, but didn't they'd be interesting enough to show lol.

Couldn't get a "crown" - so i'll be on a mission to get that, I also think they could be a little sharper.

Back