Water drops........... Some more ...

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Not at work today, so I thought I would have another go, dont know if I have improved or gone backwards ........... enjoyed doing them anyway

All handheld, sigma 105mm, Pentax K7... (Still getting to grips with this combination)

4149812293_d40fd8b9b1_o.jpg

4150572356_ea18b4902f_o.jpg

4149813323_faa8271d35_o.jpg

4150573924_06037c7004_o.jpg

Hope they didnt bore you too much .........

Dave ....

Not sure what you tried Dave, but they don't seem to be quite in focus.
Perhaps if you had focussed manually (maybe you did) and got the edge of the drop sharp it would have helped.

Not sure what you tried Dave, but they don't seem to be quite in focus.
Perhaps if you had focussed manually (maybe you did) and got the edge of the drop sharp it would have helped.

Thank you for taking time to comment, ...... I did manually focus (and hand held) .....But didnt want the edge of the drop in focus ............. I wanted to use the water drop as a lens to get the inverted reflection in focus............. a slightly more difficult process, and a bit hit and miss when you get to my age, maybe not quite as bang on as my previous tripod efforts, but we have to practice these things.

I do agree they are not as crisp as my previous attempt.............Still educating myself with this stuff.......

Dave ....

Last edited:
Thank you for taking time to comment, ...... I did manually focus (and hand held) .....But didnt want the edge of the drop in focus ............. I wanted to use the water drop as a lens to get the inverted reflection in focus............. a slightly more difficult process, and a bit hit and miss when you get to my age, maybe not quite as bang on as my previous tripod efforts, but we have to practice these things.

I do agree they are not as crisp as my previous attempt.............Still educating myself with this stuff.......

Dave ....

Cheers Dave - it did occur to me that what you had achieved was actually deliberate.
I have tried similar things and it is not easy.

I like these a lot and I think this will be my next project. Then you will see just how good yours really are compared to my feeble offerings. (y) Must remember to plant the flowers upside down :LOL:

Agreed!

Nice photos Dave (y) Looking at the refractions, these are naturally occuring drops outside are they? If so, even more props to you (y)

Thank you for your time ,
Yes all taken hand held outside in the garden when the frost was thawing out, had to be a bit quick with some of them. Tried to catch some mid drop .............. not got that quite sussed ..........yet :bonk: :bang: ..........All good fun.

Dave

Thank you for your time ,
Yes all taken hand held outside in the garden when the frost was thawing out, had to be a bit quick with some of them. Tried to catch some mid drop .............. not got that quite sussed ..........yet :bonk: :bang: ..........All good fun.

Dave

Very cool stuff then! I haven't ventured outside much with mine.

Very good Dave, have you tried taking 2 shots one for the drop in focus and one for the refraction in focus and combining them using an image stacker like the free combine zm, well worth playing with if you like this type of photography ;)

Very good Dave, have you tried taking 2 shots one for the drop in focus and one for the refraction in focus and combining them using an image stacker like the free combine zm, well worth playing with if you like this type of photography ;)

I was wondering if that was possible... I'll have to give it a go when I get my computer fixed.

Will have a look at that ..........dont know how good it will be with my favoured hand holding, think I will have to practice a bit more, thanks Alby ....

Dave ....

Back